    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892087 which looks
    very close to my problem. Anybody know if this is the
    same issue and if so how do I get the hotfix. Thanks

    Henry Brummitt, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Is your laptop a member of a domain? This error message would occur if your
    network administrator is managing wireless settings for member clients using
    Wireless Group Policy. KB#892087 covers the issue, but the operation that
    you are attempting is different than the scenario provided in the article.
    The article covers the error message from 'adding' a preferred network to
    the list. What you are trying to do is disable the service, and your
    network administrator has placed a specific restriction against that because
    third party software does not honor the group policy settings.

    If it is mission critical to install another wireless client, speak to your
    network administrator to have him set up a policy exemption for your
    computer.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Apr 20, 2005

  3. Henry Brummitt

    djdave Guest

    Henry Brummitt wrote:
    > *When trying to uncheck the "Use Windows to configure my
    > wireless network setting" dialouge box under the Wireless
    > Networks Connection Properties in XP Professional SP1 I
    > get an error message that says "At least one of your
    > changes was not applied successfully to the wireless
    > configuration.dAt least one of the Authentication setting
    > changes was not applied successfully to the configuration"
    > The message comes up exactly as I typed it including the
    > d.At which looks like corruption to me.
    >
    > I found kb article 892087 at
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892087 which looks
    > very close to my problem. Anybody know if this is the
    > same issue and if so how do I get the hotfix. Thanks *

    Hello
    i now have suddenly the same problem.
    What was the solution ?
    Where can i find this hotfix 892087, or what do I have to do ?
    Thx !
    Dave

    --
    djdave