    How can I correct this this problem ?

    Thanks in advance....

    Carlos
    carlos, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Typically machine checks are hardware, actually almost all of them are.
    Whats the exact error?
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Sep 26, 2005

  3. carlos

    carlos Guest

    Hi Joseph, thank your for taking the time to answer me. The error it's
    presents with the next message at the right bottom side of the monitor,
    where the icons of the programs are active are shown.

    "A machine check error has occurred,please check the system eventlog for
    additional information"

    But now with the observation you stated about hardware, I think it may be
    because of the Nvidia GeForce 5200 AGP driver, which I downloaded from their
    web site and I changed it for the one windows carries on the O.S. software.

    Am I right ?

    Regards,

    Carlos

    carlos, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Typically these are CPU errors, in some cases it could be a driver. If you
    look in the system event log, whats the data in that event?
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Sep 27, 2005
  5. carlos

    carlos Guest

    This is the data Joseph