    --

    Lift share day 9th June www.liftshare.org
    Open Office free alternative to MS office http://go-oo.org/

    Stephen Hammond, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Stephen Hammond

    Guest

    Hi Stephen,

    I suggest that your uncle uses Manifone's Direct Numbers instead. They
    are for sure regular Barcelona numbers, which shouldn't cost a fortune
    to call using Telefonica.

    -Thomas

    , Mar 26, 2008

  3. Stephen Hammond

    Jose Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:37:01 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
    <> wrote:

    >I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
    >and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
    >how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute

    Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
    Telefonica and ask them?

    If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
    uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
    call him over VoipCheap

    >P.S. How do I post to two newsgroups at once.

    In Forte Agent, the software I'm using for newsgroups, in the message
    window, Newsgroups field, after the first newsgroup name, you enter
    the ";" sign, and writte down the name of the additional newsgroup
    you wish to post to.

    Good luck,
    Jose

    Jose, Mar 26, 2008
  4. Stephen Hammond

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:19:18 GMT, (Jose) wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:37:01 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
    >>and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
    >>how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute

    >Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
    >Telefonica and ask them?
    >
    >If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
    >uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
    >call him over VoipCheap

    I use a similar system for calls from Australia.

    Alternatively.....
    Do you use voipcheap directly or via Voxalot for example?
    Unfortunately the Betamax companies block Sipbroker calls but if you
    had voipcheap registered on voxalot, or the free MySipSwitch, it would
    be possible to use any of the standard Sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    The one for Barcelona is +34-93-396-80-00
    Once connected just dial your voxalot or mysipswitch number preeded by
    the appropriate code. For voxalot it is *010 and for MySipSwitch iit
    is *8527. Your current number would still work as well as the
    alternative access number for MySipSwitch or Voxalot. With Voxalot you
    would be afforded lots of other benefits also.
    I do appreciate that you can't make a move to use MySipSwitch or
    Voxalot immediately because you need to use the same IP all the time,
    to get the inclusive calls, but it is the way to go if you want to be
    able to use the Sipbroker PSTN access lines etc.

    Sites:-
    www.sipbroker.com
    www.voxalot.com
    www.mysipswitch.com

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Mar 26, 2008

  5. >>
    >>>I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in
    >>>Spain
    >>>and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
    >>>how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p /
    >>>minute

    >>Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
    >>Telefonica and ask them?
    >>
    >>If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
    >>uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
    >>call him over VoipCheap

    > I use a similar system for calls from Australia.
    >
    > Alternatively.....
    > Do you use voipcheap directly or via Voxalot for example?
    > Unfortunately the Betamax companies block Sipbroker calls but if you
    > had voipcheap registered on voxalot, or the free MySipSwitch, it would
    > be possible to use any of the standard Sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    > The one for Barcelona is +34-93-396-80-00
    > Once connected just dial your voxalot or mysipswitch number preeded by
    > the appropriate code. For voxalot it is *010 and for MySipSwitch iit
    > is *8527. Your current number would still work as well as the
    > alternative access number for MySipSwitch or Voxalot. With Voxalot you
    > would be afforded lots of other benefits also.
    > I do appreciate that you can't make a move to use MySipSwitch or
    > Voxalot immediately because you need to use the same IP all the time,
    > to get the inclusive calls, but it is the way to go if you want to be
    > able to use the Sipbroker PSTN access lines etc.
    >
    > Sites:-
    > www.sipbroker.com
    > www.voxalot.com
    > www.mysipswitch.com

    You've lost me there :(

    Stephen Hammond, Mar 26, 2008
  6. Stephen Hammond

    Guest

    On 26 Mar, 11:37, "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote:
    > Using VoipCheap Access number in Spain
    >
    > I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in Spain
    > and they had a huge bill from Telefonica (landline provider). Anyone know
    > how much Telefonica charge for phoning 911328008 it only costs 1p / minute
    > from the UK using 181815?

    I take it he was calling from a telefonica landline to call 911328008,
    which is a Madrid landline number. The cost of calls depends on where
    your calling from in Spain and at what time. Normal rate is 08.00 -
    18.00. Cheap rate is 18.00 - 08.00.

    If calling from Madrid at normal rate, local ("Metropolitana" call)
    calls costs:
    Call connection charge - Establecimiento de llamada = 0,069225 EURO +
    Tarifa normal (normal rate/minute) 0,013796 EURO
    - So a 3 minute local call to the access number would cost 6.9225
    cents + (1.3796x3) = 11.0613 cents

    If calling from, say, Alicante, thuis would be an "interprovincial"
    call and would cost:
    Call connection charge - Establecimiento de llamada = 0,088714 EURO +
    Tarifa reducida (cheap rate/minute) = 0,040257 EURO
    - so a 3 minute call to the access number would cost 8.8714 cents +
    (6.8788x3) = 29.5078 cents

    For a full list of rates, see:
    http://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/...rifas/tarifas.htm&v_segmento=AHOG&v_idioma=es
    and look for the table headed "Nacional"

    3 cheaper alternatives (the first two calling the access number):
    1 - on the landline, sign up with Telefónica for "unlimited landline
    calls" which costs about 3-5 euros month (don't remember exactly).
    2 - Using an unlocked mobile with a Vodafone Spain PAYG SIM card set
    to the right tariff (vitamina plus 60), calling the access number
    costs around 45 cents for any call lasting UP TO an hour.
    3 - Using an unlocked mobile with an Orange Spain SIM WITH and Orange
    International card, you dial an Orange access number for free, the get
    150 minutes to UK landlines for 5 euros. This is the card that I
    recommend to people who come to visit me...

    You can get both the Vodafone and Orange SIMs from http://www.spanish-sim-cards.com/

    Hope this helps

    , Mar 27, 2008
  7. Stephen Hammond

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:39:26 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
    <> wrote:

    >>>Can't your uncle phone Telefonica and ask them? Can't you e-mail
    >>>Telefonica and ask them?
    >>>
    >>>If you find out the price is too high to make the calls that way, your
    >>>uncle could give you a ring, hung up after a few rings, and you'd
    >>>call him over VoipCheap

    >> I use a similar system for calls from Australia.
    >>
    >> Alternatively.....
    >> Do you use voipcheap directly or via Voxalot for example?
    >> Unfortunately the Betamax companies block Sipbroker calls but if you
    >> had voipcheap registered on voxalot, or the free MySipSwitch, it would
    >> be possible to use any of the standard Sipbroker PSTN access lines.
    >> The one for Barcelona is +34-93-396-80-00
    >> Once connected just dial your voxalot or mysipswitch number preeded by
    >> the appropriate code. For voxalot it is *010 and for MySipSwitch iit
    >> is *8527. Your current number would still work as well as the
    >> alternative access number for MySipSwitch or Voxalot. With Voxalot you
    >> would be afforded lots of other benefits also.
    >> I do appreciate that you can't make a move to use MySipSwitch or
    >> Voxalot immediately because you need to use the same IP all the time,
    >> to get the inclusive calls, but it is the way to go if you want to be
    >> able to use the Sipbroker PSTN access lines etc.
    >>
    >> Sites:-
    >> www.sipbroker.com
    >> www.voxalot.com
    >> www.mysipswitch.com
    >>

    >You've lost me there :(

    OK, I'll explain it a bit more.
    Voxalot is a sort of 'online' ATA with additional features.
    If you get a voip account, with an incoming UK number, the SIP
    username and password can be entered into the Voxalot settings and the
    account will register with the SIP provider (e.g. VoipCheap) just as
    though it was an ATA or SIP softphone.
    Now you use Voxalot for your provider on your ATA (or softphone).
    Calls into your VoipCheap number will route via Voxalot to your ATA.
    In addition, however, it is also possible to call your Voxalot number,
    via a Sipbroker PSTN access number ( that is a landline number, e.g.
    +34-93-396-80-00 in Barcellona). When the Sipbroker PSTN access line
    answers the caller inputs *010 followed by your 6 digit Voxalot number
    and the call is connected. The whole point of using Voxalot is that it
    enables callers to call, via Sipbroker, from an ATA, softphone or a
    Sipbroker PSTN access line. You can't do that with VoipCheap because
    the don't allow incoming calls directly to your SIP address (except
    possibly from their own network) but Voxalot do.
    If you want to read in more detail then take a look at the links
    above. Anyone can call via Sipbroker, no account is needed. Just enter
    anything in SIP settings the username and password and sipbroker.com
    as the proxy server. You will see a very long list of access numbers
    and access codes on th eSipbroker website. You will see a red cross
    next to VoipCheap, indicating that it will not except calls from other
    SIP networks, i.e. calls only via an assigned incoming 'landline'
    number.

    ---

    Brian A, Mar 27, 2008

  8. >>>>>I advised my Uncle to use the 911328008 access number for VoipCheap in

    >>> www.sipbroker.com
    >>> www.voxalot.com
    >>> www.mysipswitch.com
    >>>

    >>You've lost me there :(

    > OK, I'll explain it a bit more.
    > Voxalot is a sort of 'online' ATA with additional features.
    > If you get a voip account, with an incoming UK number, the SIP
    > username and password can be entered into the Voxalot settings and the
    > account will register with the SIP provider (e.g. VoipCheap) just as
    > though it was an ATA or SIP softphone.
    > Now you use Voxalot for your provider on your ATA (or softphone).
    > Calls into your VoipCheap number will route via Voxalot to your ATA.
    > In addition, however, it is also possible to call your Voxalot number,
    > via a Sipbroker PSTN access number ( that is a landline number, e.g.
    > +34-93-396-80-00 in Barcellona). When the Sipbroker PSTN access line
    > answers the caller inputs *010 followed by your 6 digit Voxalot number
    > and the call is connected. The whole point of using Voxalot is that it
    > enables callers to call, via Sipbroker, from an ATA, softphone or a
    > Sipbroker PSTN access line. You can't do that with VoipCheap because
    > the don't allow incoming calls directly to your SIP address (except
    > possibly from their own network) but Voxalot do.
    > If you want to read in more detail then take a look at the links
    > above. Anyone can call via Sipbroker, no account is needed. Just enter
    > anything in SIP settings the username and password and sipbroker.com
    > as the proxy server. You will see a very long list of access numbers
    > and access codes on th eSipbroker website. You will see a red cross
    > next to VoipCheap, indicating that it will not except calls from other
    > SIP networks, i.e. calls only via an assigned incoming 'landline'
    > number.

    I've set up an account at mysipswitch, however I don't know what number to
    use from the PSTN line, my username is Hammond ?

    Stephen Hammond, Mar 28, 2008
  9. From reading a few forums it looks like Betamax blocks voxalot and
    Mysipswitch anyway so almost certainly not worth it :)

    Stephen Hammond, Mar 28, 2008
  10. Stephen Hammond

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:58:40 -0000, "Stephen Hammond"
    <> wrote:

    >From reading a few forums it looks like Betamax blocks voxalot and
    >Mysipswitch anyway so almost certainly not worth it :)

    I use Voxalot with justVoip and that is a Betamax company.
    There was a problem using Voxalot but it was sorted some time ago. One
    advantage of Voxalot is that, as required by Betamax, for the 'free'
    calls, the IP remains static. That may not be so from your home
    broadband. I don't know about use of MySipSwitch as I haven't tried it
    with justVoip.

    In answer to your question about which number to use from the
    Sipbroker PSTN access line, it is your Voxalot, 6 digit, number
    preceded by the Voxalot code *010. In the case of MySipSwitch, I am
    not so much an expert on that. I would imagine others who actively use
    it may be able to advise. Voxalot certainly is no problem and I think,
    for its additional features, it is worth the £7/year. Voxalot does a
    lot more than MySipSwitch.

    ---

    Brian A, Mar 30, 2008