    management software, if I can...

    Thanks for your help

    Earl
    Earl T, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Earl T

    Brendon Guest

    Well Linux with Asterisk can do this - DISA is the term you need to
    research.

    Brendon, Sep 10, 2004

  3. The Sipura SPA-3000 may be able to do what you want.

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Earl T

    dean hedges Guest

    (Earl T) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I would like to be able to use a VOIP service (that has free long
    > distance) to make long distance calls using my cell phone.
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Earl

    Hi Earl,

    iptalks.net allows you to register your cell phone # ... then use a
    dial around service ... like a calling card ... and place long
    distance calls or even international calls ... at very resoanable
    rates ...

    IPTalks.net Launches Special Promotion -- Free International Long
    Distance Calls From Any Phone

    http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/040901/072085.html

    when going to http://www.iptalks.net/ wait for the flash to be over or
    hit the skip button and you will see a place to sign up for a free $5
    trial offer.

    Eventually NTTL.OB will have other options like "call back"

    a person of oneness,
    Dean Hedges
    ind inv in NTTL.OB & member of the Baha'i Faith
    dean hedges, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Earl T

    Pepperoni Guest

    Earl,
    I came across a device that seems to do what you describe. Since the post
    is so old, I am also sending to your email addy.

    http://sipphone.com/accessories/
    (fx200)

    Pepperoni, Oct 19, 2004
  6. "Earl T" <> wrote in message
    >I am totaly new to VOIP so please keep that in mind when answering
    > this question.
    >
    > I would like to be able to use a VOIP service (that has free long
    > distance) to make long distance calls using my cell phone.
    > Therefore,
    > I would like to be able to call my home (voip) number and have it
    > pick
    > up my call and allow me to enter the number I what to call and
    > route
    > my call to that number. Is this possible and what do I need in
    > terms
    > of harware and service to make this happen? Is there some
    > dedicated
    > box that has the firmware to handle this? (I would like to avoid
    > having to purchase a PC, install linux, and install some call
    > management software, if I can...
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Earl

    The ATT Callvantage Service has that as a standard feature. You set
    it up on their website. You can register phone numbers so you do
    not have to dial your VoIP number first. You enter the appropriate
    numbers and the call goes through. ATT uses a separate Call
    Management number from the VoIP number which is a virtual number.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish
    Earl F. Parrish, Dec 18, 2004