    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    harrogate3, Sep 14, 2007

  2. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    harrogate3 pretended :
    > I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    > B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    > but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a simple and inexpensive interface box on
    > the lines of an ATA that can talk to another box of the same type over
    > the data circuit usingVOIP-type operation? Ideally I could do with it
    > being four-wire presentation - that is seperate 600R go and return
    > audio at each end - but two-wire presentation will do at a push.
    >
    > Any help gratefully received.

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_1x_spa3000_and_1x_spa1001.pdf>

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf>

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000_and_1x_spa2000.pdf>

    Different combinations of the above may help you on your way. Some of
    the referred to devices have been superceded by newer models but the
    theory still applies.

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007

  3. harrogate3

    Tim Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    > B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    > but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.

    I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports to get
    your audio.

    Reason for this is that Snom370 support G.722 wide band audio, so will
    give you the best audio quality.

    I can't think of a better way of doing it without buying broadcast sound
    style encoders and decoders. Mega bucks.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 14, 2007
  4. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Tim laid this down on his screen :
    > harrogate3 wrote:
    >> I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    >> B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    >> but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >>

    > I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports to get your
    > audio.

    ...or that!

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007
  5. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > harrogate3 wrote:
    > > I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A

    > > B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the

    sites
    > > but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    > >

    > I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports to

    get
    > your audio.
    >
    > Reason for this is that Snom370 support G.722 wide band audio, so

    will
    > give you the best audio quality.
    >
    > I can't think of a better way of doing it without buying broadcast

    sound
    > style encoders and decoders. Mega bucks.
    >

    > Tim

    Thanks for the reply gents, but I suspect you have misunderstood my
    requirement. I very specifically do NOT want any form of dial-up
    circuit. The line must be end-to-end permanently open - just like a BT
    private wire which would cost a fortune. Presentation should ideally
    be 600R floating or balanced.

    I suppose I really need some form of single line mux.

    harrogate3, Sep 14, 2007
  6. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    harrogate3 has brought this to us :
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> harrogate3 wrote:
    >>> I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    >>> B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    >>> but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >>>

    >> I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports to get
    >> your audio.
    >>
    >> Reason for this is that Snom370 support G.722 wide band audio, so will
    >> give you the best audio quality.
    >>
    >> I can't think of a better way of doing it without buying broadcast sound
    >> style encoders and decoders. Mega bucks.
    >>

    >> Tim
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply gents, but I suspect you have misunderstood my
    > requirement. I very specifically do NOT want any form of dial-up
    > circuit. The line must be end-to-end permanently open - just like a BT
    > private wire which would cost a fortune. Presentation should ideally
    > be 600R floating or balanced.

    Both Tim's & my suggestions will allow you to put (duplex) audio in one
    end & out/in at the other.

    So long as the device at each end has access to each other via IP -
    same network/vpn/ip ddresses etc.

    Neither suggestion would need to "dial-up" as they could be kept open

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007
  7. harrogate3

    Tim Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply gents, but I suspect you have misunderstood my
    > requirement. I very specifically do NOT want any form of dial-up
    > circuit. The line must be end-to-end permanently open - just like a BT
    > private wire which would cost a fortune. Presentation should ideally
    > be 600R floating or balanced.

    That was my understanding of what you wanted.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 14, 2007
  8. harrogate3

    stephen Guest

    "harrogate3" <> wrote in message

    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > harrogate3 wrote:
    > > > I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A

    > > > B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the

    > sites
    > > > but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    > > >

    > > I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports to

    > get
    > > your audio.
    > >
    > > Reason for this is that Snom370 support G.722 wide band audio, so

    > will
    > > give you the best audio quality.
    > >
    > > I can't think of a better way of doing it without buying broadcast

    > sound
    > > style encoders and decoders. Mega bucks.
    > >

    > > Tim
    > >

    > Thanks for the reply gents, but I suspect you have misunderstood my
    > requirement. I very specifically do NOT want any form of dial-up
    > circuit. The line must be end-to-end permanently open - just like a BT
    > private wire which would cost a fortune. Presentation should ideally
    > be 600R floating or balanced.

    if you have PBXes (or the IP equivalent) then you may be able to program a
    fixed link between them - cost approx zero....

    "real" IP audio codecs are not cheap (for some definition of cheap of
    course) - these are usually stereo (at least) and 15 or 22 KHz audio
    channel.

    They also tend to eat bandwidth, so you should check how much you are
    willing to use.

    as an example, you are going to need 400 Kbps+ to get 16 bit sampled stereo
    using enhanced APTX compression (which is what a lot of radio broadcasters
    seem to use)

    www.broadcom.co.uk is 1 source we have used.

    if codecs are a bit steep then esp if you have a typical corporate network,
    some cisco router models can take analog speech interfaces - set them up to
    do point to point permanent G.711 and you get 3.5 Hkz / 8 bit sampled sound

    this could still run out several £100 when you add voice grade feature upgra
    des for the routers, voice interfaces and DSPs - but 2nd and more channels
    will be cheaper.....

    > I suppose I really need some form of single line mux.
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl

    stephen, Sep 15, 2007
  9. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "stephen" <> wrote in message
    > "harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tim" <> wrote in message

    from A

    > > sites
    > > > >

    > > > I would use a pair of Snom370s and connect to the headset ports

    > > get
    > > > your audio.
    > > >
    > > > Reason for this is that Snom370 support G.722 wide band audio,

    so
    > > will
    > > > give you the best audio quality.
    > > >
    > > > I can't think of a better way of doing it without buying

    broadcast
    > > sound
    > > > style encoders and decoders. Mega bucks.
    > > >

    > > > Tim
    > > >

    > > Thanks for the reply gents, but I suspect you have misunderstood

    my
    > > requirement. I very specifically do NOT want any form of dial-up
    > > circuit. The line must be end-to-end permanently open - just like

    a BT
    > > private wire which would cost a fortune. Presentation should

    ideally
    > > be 600R floating or balanced.

    > if you have PBXes (or the IP equivalent) then you may be able to

    program a
    > fixed link between them - cost approx zero....
    >
    > "real" IP audio codecs are not cheap (for some definition of cheap

    of
    > course) - these are usually stereo (at least) and 15 or 22 KHz audio
    > channel.
    >
    > They also tend to eat bandwidth, so you should check how much you

    are
    > willing to use.
    >
    > as an example, you are going to need 400 Kbps+ to get 16 bit sampled

    stereo
    > using enhanced APTX compression (which is what a lot of radio

    broadcasters
    > seem to use)
    >
    > www.broadcom.co.uk is 1 source we have used.
    >
    > if codecs are a bit steep then esp if you have a typical corporate

    network,
    > some cisco router models can take analog speech interfaces - set

    them up to
    > do point to point permanent G.711 and you get 3.5 Hkz / 8 bit

    sampled sound

    > this could still run out several £100 when you add voice grade

    feature upgra
    > des for the routers, voice interfaces and DSPs - but 2nd and more

    channels
    > will be cheaper.....
    > >
    > > I suppose I really need some form of single line mux.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Woody
    > >
    > > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > - replace xyz with ntl

    Just what I wanted - the circuit concerned uses Cisco routers!

    I should have said at the start that I only need a single audio (i.e.
    mono) pathe with a 300-3000Hz audio response, the flatter the batter.
    Looks like the last option will fit the job perfectly.

    Many thanks.

    harrogate3, Sep 15, 2007
  10. harrogate3

    Mark Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:41:51 GMT, "harrogate3" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    >B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    >but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >
    >Does anyone know if there is a simple and inexpensive interface box on
    >the lines of an ATA that can talk to another box of the same type over
    >the data circuit usingVOIP-type operation? Ideally I could do with it
    >being four-wire presentation - that is seperate 600R go and return
    >audio at each end - but two-wire presentation will do at a push.
    >
    >Any help gratefully received.

    Slingbox?

    Mark, Sep 19, 2007
  11. harrogate3

    Jono Guest

    Mark formulated the question :
    > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:41:51 GMT, "harrogate3" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    >> B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    >> but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if there is a simple and inexpensive interface box on
    >> the lines of an ATA that can talk to another box of the same type over
    >> the data circuit usingVOIP-type operation? Ideally I could do with it
    >> being four-wire presentation - that is seperate 600R go and return
    >> audio at each end - but two-wire presentation will do at a push.
    >>
    >> Any help gratefully received.

    > Slingbox?

    Interesting thought, though it's not duplex & requires a software
    client to be running.

    Jono, Sep 19, 2007
  12. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Mark formulated the question :
    >> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:41:51 GMT, "harrogate3"
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A
    >>> B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the
    >>> sites
    >>> but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if there is a simple and inexpensive interface
    >>> box on
    >>> the lines of an ATA that can talk to another box of the same type
    >>> over
    >>> the data circuit usingVOIP-type operation? Ideally I could do with
    >>> it
    >>> being four-wire presentation - that is seperate 600R go and return
    >>> audio at each end - but two-wire presentation will do at a push.
    >>>
    >>> Any help gratefully received.

    >> Slingbox?

    > Interesting thought, though it's not duplex & requires a software
    > client to be running.

    A colleague put me onto exactly what I need.

    http://www.toneremote.co.uk/trip.htm

    I should have thought to ask - I used to work with the guy who owns
    the company!

    £675 apiece (two needed) but in the professional business this is not
    expensive, especially when compared against the cost of a 80Km
    landline!

    harrogate3, Sep 21, 2007
  13. harrogate3

    Paulg0 Guest

    wrote:

    >I have an application where I need to be able to send audio from A to
    >B about 40 miles apart. There is no audio circuit between the sites
    >but there is a (fairly) high capacity data circuit.
    >
    >Does anyone know if there is a simple and inexpensive interface box on
    >the lines of an ATA that can talk to another box of the same type over
    >the data circuit usingVOIP-type operation? Ideally I could do with it
    >being four-wire presentation - that is seperate 600R go and return
    >audio at each end - but two-wire presentation will do at a push.
    >
    >Any help gratefully received.

    Have a look at www.barix.com They have various products which will
    probably meet your needs.

    I use their Instreamer and Exstreamer units to relay music/PA
    announcements from one building of our conference centre to another

    Paul

    Paulg0, Oct 2, 2007