Using Unimodem Full Duplex Audio Device for VOIP

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by J, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. J

    J Guest

    I have an "HSP56 MR" modem on my XP machine. When setting up the
    playback and record options in VOIP software I have "Modem #0 Handset
    Playback" as a playback device choice, and "Modem #0 Handset Record"
    as record device choice.

    However, when I choose "Test Hardware" with these devices selected, it
    responds that the sound hardware cannot play sounds. I have a
    standard wired phone attached.

    I haven't been able to find info regarding this on the web. This
    appears like a way to use existing handsets for VOIP calls - unless I
    am missing something... :)

    Is this even possible?

    Thanks a lot,

    J, Dec 27, 2003