    the printer?

    Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Hi
    The term Bridged is a very general one it depends how it Bridged.
    In any case, you can put a second NIC and connected it to the other Network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 10, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Thanks for your speedy reply.

    The wireless box is a Windows XP bridge, which is to say that I created
    it in Network Connections by highlighting the two network connections,
    right-clicking on one of them, and then choosing Bridge Connections.

    So, the wireless box already has two NIC's, but can't see the printer
    on another machine on one of the networks that it is connected to.
    However, the machine that has the printer can see the shared folder on
    the box that serves as the bridge.

    Is there a way to get the box running as a bridge to see that printer
    in its present configuration?

    If not, could I have three cards, with two of them acting as the bridge
    between the networks, and the third serving as an independent
    connection to the network with the printer?
    Dan, Dec 11, 2006
  4. Dan

    David Hettel Guest

    So, the wireless box already has two NIC's, but can't see the printer on
    another machine on one of the networks that it is connected to. However, the
    machine that has the printer can see the shared folder on the box that
    serves as the bridge.

    Is there a router between the two machines (is one machine using say a
    192.168.0.xxx 255.255.255.0 IP address and the other a 192.168.2.xxx
    255.255.255.0 IP address)? If not it sounds like a firewall problem to me
    and simply adding another NIC may not help.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 11, 2006
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    The two machines are connected to the same router, so their IP
    addresses differ only in the last octet. The box with the attached
    printer is running TrendMicro's PC-cillin 2006, which I'll have to
    examine.

    I think I'll disable it, first, and see if that fixes my problem.
    Dan, Dec 11, 2006