    PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    return address.
    jj
    JJones, Jan 31, 2006

  2. On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 +0000, JJones wrote:

    > PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    > return address.

    <AOL>

    which one

    </AOL>

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 31, 2006

  3. JJones

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 GMT, JJones wrote:

    > I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
    > starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
    > only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
    > drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
    > before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
    > Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
    > Thank you.
    > Jerry
    >
    > PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    > return address.
    > jj

    I guess there's no point answering this as he can't be bothered to come
    back and look
    --
    ?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW
    Steve, Jan 31, 2006
  4. JJones

    dadiOH Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:29 +0000, JJones wrote:
    >
    >> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    >> return address.

    > <AOL>
    >
    > which one
    >
    > </AOL>

    Oh, hell...just send him three messages removing a different zero each
    time. Could have been worse, might have asked for a snail mail reply
    :)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jan 31, 2006
  5. JJones

    gangle Guest

    "JJones" wrote
    > I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
    > starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
    > only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
    > drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
    > before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
    > Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
    > Thank you.
    > Jerry
    >

    > PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    > return address.

    In case you actually look back here (tinh):
    Where the hell did you get the idea you could expect an
    email reply? Jesus H. Christ.

    If you ARE reading this, it might work to: Go into device
    manager and delete the A drive.
    Reboot the computer, then try the Find again.
    gangle, Jan 31, 2006
  6. JJones

    Tony Guest

    "JJones" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
    > starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive it
    > only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the c:
    > drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
    > before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
    > Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
    > Thank you.
    > Jerry
    >

    > PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    > return address.
    > jj

    If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the bottom of the
    pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If you have it
    set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only search your
    C: drive, change it to (C:).
    Tony, Jan 31, 2006
  7. JJones

    JJones Guest

    In article <drnq9c$kei$>, says...

    >"JJones" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search always
    >> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk in the drive

    it
    >> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to reading the

    c:
    >> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to read
    >> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
    >> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
    >> Thank you.
    >> Jerry
    >>

    >> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of my
    >> return address.
    >> jj
    >>

    >If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the bottom of

    the
    >pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If you have

    it
    >set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only search

    your
    >C: drive, change it to (C:).

    Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to find
    a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
    Jerry
    JJones, Feb 1, 2006
  8. JJones

    Art Luttrell Guest

    JJones wrote:

    > In article <drnq9c$kei$>,
    > says...
    > >

    > >"JJones" <> wrote in message
    > >> I'm using Windows 98SE. When I use the find feature the search

    > always >> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk
    > in the drive it
    > >> only takes a second or two to read the disk them move on to

    > reading the c:
    > >> drive. If the A: drive is empty, it takes 15-20 seconds trying to

    > read >> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.
    > >> Is there any way to make it skip trying to read the A: drive?
    > >> Thank you.
    > >> Jerry
    > > >

    > >> PS Please answer via e:mail. Just take one of the zeroes out of

    > my >> return address.
    > >> jj
    > > >

    > > If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the
    > > bottom of

    > the
    > > pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If
    > > you have

    > it
    > > set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only
    > > search

    > your
    > > C: drive, change it to (C:).

    > Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to
    > find a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
    > Jerry

    set your bios to have the order that you want your computer to boot to.
    Generally hitting you "delete" key when your computer boots up, that
    should get you into the bios setup.

    -Art- (not Art)

    --
    -Art- (not Art)
    Art Luttrell, Feb 1, 2006
  9. JJones

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:30:12 +0000 (UTC), Art Luttrell wrote:

    > JJones wrote:
    >
    >> In article <drnq9c$kei$>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>>"JJones" <> wrote in message

    >> always >> starts out trying to read my A: drive. If there's a disk
    >> in the drive it

    >> reading the c:

    >> read >> before it gives up and starts reading the C: drive.

    >> my >> return address.
    >>> >

    >>> If you do bother to come back, when you click on find, at the
    >>> bottom of

    >> the
    >>> pop up box is a little drop down box which says "Look in:" . If
    >>> you have

    >> it
    >>> set to My Computer it will look everywhere. If you want to only
    >>> search

    >> your
    >>> C: drive, change it to (C:).

    >> Thanks for the response. I did bother to come back. I was hoping to
    >> find a way to set the C:drive as the default rather than the A:drive
    >> Jerry

    > set your bios to have the order that you want your computer to boot to.
    > Generally hitting you "delete" key when your computer boots up, that
    > should get you into the bios setup.
    >
    > -Art- (not Art)

    pmsl, did YOU READ the actual question?
    --
    ?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW
    Steve, Feb 1, 2006