    Thank You very much

    Best Regards
    NS
    ns, May 20, 2005

  2. In article <d6km6f$etj$>, ns <> wrote:
    :Is it possible to use SSH to manage routers and switches with IOS IP only ?

    Some, but not generally. There is often a distinct image that
    one has to load that has ssh support.

    Your article-id suggests that you are in France. Since Cisco is
    a "foreign company" as far as France is concerned, would Cisco
    have to provide an ssh "back door" in order to satisfy the
    laws in France about foreign corporations being required to give
    their encryption keys to France ?
    Walter Roberson, May 20, 2005

  3. ns

    ns Guest

    ThankYou Walter for your answer.

    i dont's understand your question about encryption in France.
    in France, the encryption is denied but not in this case...

    Cdly
    NS

    ?

    ns, May 20, 2005
  4. ns

    Guest

    ns wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is it possible to use SSH to manage routers and switches with IOS IP

    only ?

    > Thank You very much
    >
    > Best Regards
    > NS

    I have two routers with 12.2(7r) IPBase image and they do not show the
    option SSH for "transport input".

    Another router with AdvanceIPServicek9 shows me that option.

    So I guess the IP image does not provide ssh connection.

    DT
    , May 20, 2005
  5. ns

    ns Guest

    Thanks a lot DT

    Cdly
    NS

    ns, May 21, 2005
  6. IANAL, but it seems that there are no key-escrow type restrictions for
    importing devices running SSH to France.

    However, export regulations of the USA subject SSH to special scrutiny,
    which is why SSH is only available in K9 classified images.

    Check out
    http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2333

    "France used to have strong restrictions on import and domestic use of
    encryption products, but the most substantial restrictions were abolished in
    early 1999. Export regulations are pursuant to the Wassenaar Arrangement and
    controlled by Service Central de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information
    (SCSSI)."

    Seems there was a big hulabaloo in 1997, but cooler heads prevailed.
    Phillip Remaker, May 24, 2005