Using Spyhunter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JayneB, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. JayneB

    JayneB Guest

    I have the full version of the above software (scans for adware and
    spyware).

    Although I find this very useful, how can I be sure that I don't remove
    those files which may impact applications on my PC? For example, yesterday,
    I did a full scan in memory, files and registry and then (very stupidly)
    clicked to remove ALL files found with 'parasites'.

    I then had a problem with not being able to view any web pages at all. I
    then did a roll-back on Spyhunter to restore all files again and everything
    worked OK.

    Just wondering for future reference how I can make sure that I don't make
    the same mistake.

    Any advise is appreciated.

    Many thanks
    JB

    JayneB, Apr 4, 2004

  2. JayneB

    FIG JAM Guest

    JayneB said:

    > I have the full version of the above software (scans for adware and
    > spyware).
    >
    > Although I find this very useful, how can I be sure that I don't remove
    > those files which may impact applications on my PC? For example, yesterday,
    > I did a full scan in memory, files and registry and then (very stupidly)
    > clicked to remove ALL files found with 'parasites'.
    >
    > I then had a problem with not being able to view any web pages at all. I
    > then did a roll-back on Spyhunter to restore all files again and everything
    > worked OK.
    >
    > Just wondering for future reference how I can make sure that I don't make
    > the same mistake.
    >
    > Any advise is appreciated.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > JB

    Delete files one at a time and familiarise yourself with what you can and can't
    delete.

    FIG JAM, Apr 4, 2004

  3. JayneB

    JayneB Guest

    OK - thanks.

    JayneB, Apr 4, 2004
  4. JayneB

    °Mike° Guest

    Get rid of SpyHunter, and use one that works as it should.
    I suggest ALL of the following.

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/