    recently started doing this, without any changes at my end, then this
    probably points to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing
    this, or does anyone know what the problem might be.

    GwG, Dec 19, 2005

  2. GwG

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message
    news:wfvpf.39816$
    > I have a Sipura 2000 with a dect phone connected, and I
    > am using Sipgate.
    > Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes
    > about a three or four second delay after I answer the
    > call, before the person calling can hear me speaking,
    > occasionally resulting in the caller hanging up, thinking
    > their call is not being answered.. As this is only
    > occasional, I don't think it is my set up that is the
    > problem, and as it has only recently started doing this,
    > without any changes at my end, then this probably points
    > to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this,
    > or does anyone know what the problem might be.

    It's quite common, it isn't you, there is sometimes a delay on the system,
    nobody seems to know why. You will find that the caller is probably
    hearing ring tone right up until they can hear you. I've got used to it so
    it's not a major headache for me.

    (Cue Dexter and the anti-Sipgate brigade...)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 19, 2005

  3. GwG

    GwG Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "GwG" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Sipura 2000 with a dect phone connected, and I
    >> am using Sipgate.
    >> Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes
    >> about a three or four second delay after I answer the
    >> call, before the person calling can hear me speaking,
    >> occasionally resulting in the caller hanging up, thinking
    >> their call is not being answered.. As this is only
    >> occasional, I don't think it is my set up that is the
    >> problem, and as it has only recently started doing this,
    >> without any changes at my end, then this probably points
    >> to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this,
    >> or does anyone know what the problem might be.

    > It's quite common, it isn't you, there is sometimes a delay on the
    > system, nobody seems to know why. You will find that the caller is
    > probably hearing ring tone right up until they can hear you. I've got
    > used to it so it's not a major headache for me.

    Thanks Ivor, yes the caller does hear the ringing tone up until my
    speech gets through.

    > (Cue Dexter and the anti-Sipgate brigade...)

    He's been sectioned on my system for months ;-)

    GwG, Dec 19, 2005
  4. GwG

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:52:41 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"GwG" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Sipura 2000 with a dect phone connected, and I
    >> am using Sipgate.
    >> Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes
    >> about a three or four second delay after I answer the
    >> call, before the person calling can hear me speaking,
    >> occasionally resulting in the caller hanging up, thinking
    >> their call is not being answered.. As this is only
    >> occasional, I don't think it is my set up that is the
    >> problem, and as it has only recently started doing this,
    >> without any changes at my end, then this probably points
    >> to a problem elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this,
    >> or does anyone know what the problem might be.

    >It's quite common, it isn't you, there is sometimes a delay on the system,
    >nobody seems to know why. You will find that the caller is probably
    >hearing ring tone right up until they can hear you. I've got used to it so
    >it's not a major headache for me.

    I also have this problem, but its only been like that for the last few
    months. Sipgate must have made some changes to the system which cause
    this as it worked quite normally when I first had my account with them

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Dec 19, 2005
  5. GwG

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:41:48 GMT, "GwG"
    <> wrote:

    >Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes about a three or
    >four second delay after I answer the call, before the person calling can
    >hear me speaking,

    I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
    inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.
    --
    Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
    http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html

    , Dec 20, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:41:48 GMT, "GwG"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just lately, when I receive a call, there is sometimes about a three or
    >>four second delay after I answer the call, before the person calling can
    >>hear me speaking,

    > I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
    > inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.

    I get something very similar with sipgate (don't know how long for, I
    personally don't use the line much.) but where everybody else gets
    silence I get a very feint ring tone.

    Thomas Rankin, Dec 21, 2005
  7. GwG

    Tim Bray Guest

    wrote:
    > I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
    > inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.

    It isn't inherent in voip at all.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Dec 24, 2005
  8. GwG

    Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:21:54 +0000, Tim Bray <>
    wrote:

    >> I get the same, though not on Sipgate. It seems to be something
    >> inherent in VOIP, but I'm sure there is a way to fix it.

    >It isn't inherent in voip at all.

    I'm glad to hear that. Can you tell me what causes it, and how I can
    get rid of it?
    --
    Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
    http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html

    , Dec 24, 2005