Using player too much?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jamal Chapultapec, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I end up
    cutting its life in half?
    Jamal Chapultapec, Nov 24, 2003

  2. > If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I
    > end up cutting its life in half?

    It's a mechanical device with moving parts. Any use of any kind
    will theoretically shorten its life. Having said that, if your player
    is from a reputable manufacturer, it will probably become obsolete before
    you need to have it repaired.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Jamal Chapultapec

    kaboom Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:04:23 GMT, Jamal Chapultapec <>
    wrote:

    >If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I end up
    >cutting its life in half?

    **I did this also with my player. I used it all the time to play CDs.
    Oddly, a few years later, it started to refuse to read any CD I put in
    it. It still plays DVDs just fine so I bought a CD player for my CDs.

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Nov 24, 2003