    interested in just getting the max out of RAW photos at the moment, such as
    optimising colour balance, sharpening, saturation, dodging/burning, etc.

    Cheers
    Jack, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Jack

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Jack <>
    wrote:

    > I have quite a few RAW images on my PC, however I haven't learnt how to get
    > the best out of them when converting them yet.
    >
    > Any recommendations on good Photoshop books (focusing more on the
    > photography side of things) for learning how to mainly get the best out of
    > photos with Photoshop?
    >
    > I am not too worried about doctoring photos in a big way, I am mainly
    > interested in just getting the max out of RAW photos at the moment, such as
    > optimising colour balance, sharpening, saturation, dodging/burning, etc.

    real world camera raw, bruce fraser

    <http://www.peachpit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0321334094&rl=1>
    <http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/rw-cr.shtml>
    nospam, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Cheers guys. Both reply's sound excellent.

    I narrowed it down to 'Real World Camera RAW' by Bruce Fraser when I was
    browsing Amazon. So, you confirmed the choice.

    Also, Ben Willmore has an excellent reputation as a Photoshop author. An
    author who actually makes the book a good read as opposed to a boring 'click
    here, do that' style of book. He never used to specialize in photography
    alone, however it seems that he is now doing so. I will check out his later
    stuff.

    Jack, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Jack

    no_name Guest

    http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/pscs2/index2.htm

    --

    These are my views. If you've got a problem with it, you can blame it on
    me, but this is what I think. I am not the official spokes-person for

    John
    no_name, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Jack

    Ed Velez Guest