    since I use my IPS's webmail (too many junks emails).
    Thanks
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Mike

    Boomer Guest

    (Mike) wrote:

    > Can I use Outlook Express 6 to send emails only?

    Sure.

    > Not to receive any
    > since I use my IPS's webmail (too many junks emails).
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    Please 'munge' your e-mail address when posting on usenet.
    Munge AFTER the "@". Make sure anything after the "@"
    is NOT a valid domain. That would be 'domain abuse', if
    you used a real domain after the '@" sign.

    Please read below.

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Please verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    Example: lid

    Please use 'invalid' after the 'com'.
    Information about "Reserved TLDs" (RFC 2606), such as .invalid,
    at bottom of this page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.turnstep.com/Spambot/info.html
    http://www.obliquity.com/computer/spambait/

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://www.g6csy.net/spam/index.html
    ~Safe Hex ~
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Freeware programs:
    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

    Unpatched IE security holes
    http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    Protecting Your Privacy & Security
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

    Boomer, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >| Can I use Outlook Express 6 to send emails only? Not to receive any
    >| since I use my IPS's webmail (too many junks emails).
    >| Thanks
    >| Mike

    Yes...you need to set up an account then turn OFF the receive. Are you
    familiar with how to set up your mail account (or is it already set up?)
    Once that is done, go to Tools, Accounts, then click on the Mail tab.
    Highlight the account you need to change, and click on properties. Below all
    the rest of the stuff on the General tab is a checkbox that says "Include
    this account when receiving or syncronizing" - turn it off there.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Mike

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / General tab.
    Uncheck 'Send and receive messages at startup'.
    Uncheck 'Check for new messages every....'

    Go to the Read tab and uncheck 'Automatically
    download message when viewing in Preview Pane'.

    Go to Tools / Accounts / Mail / Properties / General tab.
    Uncheck 'Include this account when receiving....'

    On 13 Jul 2004 19:12:33 -0700, in
    <>
    Mike scrawled:

    --