using newsgroups

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael Ware, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Michael Ware

    Michael Ware Guest

    Hello

    I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am downloading,
    please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    TIA
     
    Michael Ware, Sep 17, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Michael Ware

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    scribbled:

    >Hello
    >
    >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am downloading,
    >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.


    Get WinRAR.


    --

    Exxy is my hero!
     
    -= Hawk =-, Sep 17, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Michael Ware

    Michael Ware Guest

    I have Win RAR, what do I do with it ?.I have been downloading from
    easynews.com, using ReGet delux as a download manager.

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >Hello
    > >
    > >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    downloading,
    > >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    >
    > Get WinRAR.
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Exxy is my hero!
    >
     
    Michael Ware, Sep 17, 2003
    #3
  4. Michael Ware

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:29:34 +0100, Michael Ware wrote:

    >I have Win RAR, what do I do with it ?.I have been downloading from
    >easynews.com, using ReGet delux as a download manager.


    Since you have WinRAR then Start / Programs / WinRAR / WinRAR Help
    or even take a wild guess and launch the file with the .rar extension or
    the file with the lowest numberd part.

    >
    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Hello
    >> >
    >> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    >downloading,
    >> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    >>
    >> Get WinRAR.

    <snip>
    Me
     
    why?, Sep 17, 2003
    #4
  5. Michael Ware

    John Doe Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >Hello
    > >
    > >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    downloading,
    > >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    >
    > Get WinRAR.
    >


    Abuse report filed with

    Reason: spamming for WinRAR
     
    John Doe, Sep 17, 2003
    #5
  6. Michael Ware

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:

    >
    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Hello
    >> >
    >> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    >downloading,
    >> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    >>
    >> Get WinRAR.
    >>

    >
    >Abuse report filed with
    >
    >Reason: spamming for WinRAR


    He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a bit more about
    what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you send another abuse report like
    this. Otherwise, you're going to end up looking like an idiot, and no one is
    going to take your reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)

    --
    "Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable
    from malice." -- Vernon Schryver
     
    Mara, Sep 17, 2003
    #6
  7. Some time, on or about: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, "John Doe"
    <> was criminally insane in my professional opinion
    when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >
    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Hello
    >> >
    >> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    >downloading,
    >> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.

    >>
    >> Get WinRAR.
    >>

    >
    >Abuse report filed with
    >
    >Reason: spamming for WinRAR


    fuckhead.

    *plonk*
     
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 17, 2003
    #7
  8. Michael Ware

    Boomer Guest

    Mara said:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >>> scribbled:
    >>>
    >>> >Hello
    >>> >
    >>> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I
    >>> >am

    >>downloading,
    >>> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.
    >>>
    >>> Get WinRAR.
    >>>

    >>
    >>Abuse report filed with
    >>
    >>Reason: spamming for WinRAR

    >
    > He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a
    > bit more about what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you
    > send another abuse report like this. Otherwise, you're going to
    > end up looking like an idiot, and no one is going to take your
    > reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)


    What did you say awhile ago about people from USWest?
     
    Boomer, Sep 17, 2003
    #8
  9. Michael Ware

    Mara Guest

    On 17 Sep 2003 22:30:16 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >Mara said:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >>>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >>>> scribbled:
    >>>>
    >>>> >Hello
    >>>> >
    >>>> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I
    >>>> >am
    >>>downloading,
    >>>> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.
    >>>>
    >>>> Get WinRAR.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Abuse report filed with
    >>>
    >>>Reason: spamming for WinRAR

    >>
    >> He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a
    >> bit more about what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you
    >> send another abuse report like this. Otherwise, you're going to
    >> end up looking like an idiot, and no one is going to take your
    >> reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)

    >
    >What did you say awhile ago about people from USWest?
    >


    This.
    ---------------------------------------
    Path:
    internal1.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border3.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border2.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ash.giganews.com!firehose2!nntp4!intern1.nntp.aus1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:48:04 -0500
    From: Mara <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: No 757 Hit the Pentagon, You Idiots
    Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:48:13 -0500
    Message-ID: <>
    References: <bifpq6$9ki$>
    <>
    <4Xw4b.75$>
    X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English (American)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Lines: 11
    X-Trace:
    sv3-2Yj8Mesj3qcwgz7rLFvtwq8u4wsFRbNysSuzRXNoxP3fOToHTa2qbcq65asp9KCeT4iFO2js+RGqk4m!XdUYVNeyuPGvsY8nsqk05ikWbRRqa5EI32Svfvxb8+aHw70v9gyUSrKk4DjLBH1En6YCmQ==
    X-Complaints-To:
    X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
    X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
    X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint
    properly
    X-Postfilter: 1.1
    Xref: intern1.nntp.aus1.giganews.com 24hoursupport.helpdesk:1015308

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:05:31 -0600, H. G. Wells wrote:

    Does Qwest ever sign up anyone besides idiots and spammers?

    "No need to reply - I already know the answer."

    <snip>
    -------------------------------------------------

    This is just more proof - as if it were needed.

    "Idiots, morons, and trolls, oh my!"

    --
    "Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable
    from malice." -- Vernon Schryver
     
    Mara, Sep 18, 2003
    #9
  10. Michael Ware

    Boomer Guest

    Mara said:

    > On 17 Sep 2003 22:30:16 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>Mara said:
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>>>news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >>>>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware"
    >>>>> <> scribbled:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> >Hello
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I
    >>>>> >am
    >>>>downloading,
    >>>>> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Get WinRAR.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Abuse report filed with
    >>>>
    >>>>Reason: spamming for WinRAR
    >>>
    >>> He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a
    >>> bit more about what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you
    >>> send another abuse report like this. Otherwise, you're going
    >>> to end up looking like an idiot, and no one is going to take
    >>> your reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)

    >>
    >>What did you say awhile ago about people from USWest?
    >>

    >
    > This.

    [snip]
    > Does Qwest ever sign up anyone besides idiots and spammers?


    Yes. This is the one! :) ^ ^ ^ ^

    > "No need to reply - I already know the answer."
    >
    > <snip>
    > -------------------------------------------------
    >
    > This is just more proof - as if it were needed.
    >
    > "Idiots, morons, and trolls, oh my!"
     
    Boomer, Sep 18, 2003
    #10
  11. Michael Ware

    Patrick Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am
    >>> downloading, please can someone tell how i go about doing this.
    >>> Cheers.

    >>
    >> Get WinRAR.
    >>

    >
    > Abuse report filed with
    >
    > Reason: spamming for WinRAR


    John Doe, a term often used to describe the unknown.
    or
    John Doe = The boy who cried 'Wolf'.
     
    Patrick, Sep 18, 2003
    #11
  12. Michael Ware

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:15:31 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >>> scribbled:
    >>>
    >>> >Hello
    >>> >
    >>> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am

    >>downloading,
    >>> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.
    >>>
    >>> Get WinRAR.
    >>>

    >>
    >>Abuse report filed with
    >>
    >>Reason: spamming for WinRAR

    >
    >He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a bit more about
    >what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you send another abuse report like
    >this. Otherwise, you're going to end up looking like an idiot, and no one is
    >going to take your reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)


    It's Brenadier Jehosephat, with a new nym and mania.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
     
    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2003
    #12
  13. Michael Ware

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:58:25 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:15:31 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Mara scrawled:
    >
    >>On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:48 -0600, John Doe wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:na3gmvc5qta0b737kqi27ib7uahmoad0sg@news-server...
    >>>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:17:08 +0100, "Michael Ware" <>
    >>>> scribbled:
    >>>>
    >>>> >Hello
    >>>> >
    >>>> >I am having a problem merging the seperate rar files that I am
    >>>downloading,
    >>>> >please can someone tell how i go about doing this. Cheers.
    >>>>
    >>>> Get WinRAR.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Abuse report filed with
    >>>
    >>>Reason: spamming for WinRAR

    >>
    >>He did not spam. He answered a question. I suggest you learn a bit more about
    >>what spam is - a LOT more, in fact - before you send another abuse report like
    >>this. Otherwise, you're going to end up looking like an idiot, and no one is
    >>going to take your reports seriously, if they accept them at all. :)

    >
    >It's Brenadier Jehosephat, with a new nym and mania.


    So I gathered, in another thread - he let his original style come back and it
    gave him away. Thanks for this, though - archived, so I can look back on it and
    remember that he is, after all is said and done, just another troll. I'm pretty
    busy these days, (though not as bad as earlier on) and every little bit helps.
    :)

    --
    "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
     
    Mara, Sep 18, 2003
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Seamonkey user
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    735
  2. Larry Smith

    how to get new newsgroups using Outlook Express

    Larry Smith, Aug 5, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    588
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    Aug 5, 2003
  3. Bun Mui

    Can't post using Netscape on Google Newsgroups

    Bun Mui, Jun 12, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    592
    Boomer
    Jun 12, 2004
  4. Marcus
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    654
    KungFusion
    Aug 13, 2004
  5. Drew Reed

    Help using newsgroups!

    Drew Reed, Aug 31, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    591
    SirReal
    Sep 2, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page