    How?
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Pete Brown, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Pete Brown

    Jordan Guest

    Make a DVD and import the AVI file. Pretty simple.

    I have noticed when doing this though that the audio often loses synch.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Pete Brown

    Nonymous Guest

    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > Make a DVD and import the AVI file. Pretty simple.
    >
    > I have noticed when doing this though that the audio often loses synch.

    I believe that usually happens when the audio is encoded VBR.
    Nonymous, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Pete Brown

    Pete Brown Guest

    "Nonymous" <> wrote in message

    > "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    >> Make a DVD and import the AVI file. Pretty simple.
    >>
    >> I have noticed when doing this though that the audio often loses synch.

    > I believe that usually happens when the audio is encoded VBR.

    ------------------------
    TVM - the trick was to use Nero Vision Express 3...easy peasy.
    Quality v good.
    Thanks again,
    Pete
    Pete Brown, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Pete Brown

    Kathy Guest

    What version of Nero do you have? If you have Nero Ultra 6, you can
    directly convert your .avi files to DVD and burn the DVD.
    Or you can use WinAVI Video Converter software (www.winavi.com) This will
    also convert and burn.

    I have used both.

    Kathy So

    Kathy, Oct 4, 2005
  6. "Kathy" <> wrote:

    >What version of Nero do you have? If you have Nero Ultra 6, you can
    >directly convert your .avi files to DVD and burn the DVD.
    >Or you can use WinAVI Video Converter software (www.winavi.com) This will
    >also convert and burn.
    >
    >I have used both.
    >
    >Kathy So
    >

    >"Pete Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes, I have Nero software and want to copy an .avi file from my pc hard
    >> disc
    >> onto a DVD and then view it on the telly.
    >> How?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Pete

    Kathy: I have an OEM 'package' that came with my drive (like many, I
    suppose?). Uses Nero StartSmart as a front end. Quite a few programs,
    but can't find any that convert AVI to DVD. FWIW, the 'Product'
    thingie says I have:
    Installed version
    NeroVision Express 2 2.1.2.16
    Nero OEM 6.6.0.13
    InCD 4.2.15.0
    Nero Media Player 1.4.0.22
    which is presumably just the 'major' programs.

    Even looking at Recode, couldn't see any mention of AVI conversion.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Pete Brown

    Kathy Guest

    Irritatingly enough, the OEM software that comes with a DVD burner does not
    include DVD burning software. Go figure. I bought the Ultra Edition to use
    the DVD burning function, after going round and round trying to figure out
    how to burn DVDs. This version, too, starts with the SmartStart, but gives
    you so many more options,like creating your own DVD, burning a DVD from DVD
    files, etc. It allows you to create title screens, menus and such, if you
    want to, and will allow you to create chapters (or have them created
    automatically). It's really cool, and should be included. What a racket.

    Kathy

    "Terry Pinnell" <> wrote in message
    > "Kathy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>What version of Nero do you have? If you have Nero Ultra 6, you can
    >>directly convert your .avi files to DVD and burn the DVD.
    >>Or you can use WinAVI Video Converter software (www.winavi.com) This will
    >>also convert and burn.
    >>
    >>I have used both.
    >>
    >>Kathy So
    >>

    >>"Pete Brown" <> wrote in message
    >>> Yes, I have Nero software and want to copy an .avi file from my pc hard
    >>> disc
    >>> onto a DVD and then view it on the telly.
    >>> How?
    >>> Thanks,

    Kathy, Oct 5, 2005
  8. Pete Brown

    Justin Guest

    Top post fixed...

    Kathy wrote on [Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:23:48 -0400]:
    > Irritatingly enough, the OEM software that comes with a DVD burner does not
    > include DVD burning software.

    That's odd, from the list there certainly looks to be DVD burning
    software.

    Media conversion software would be something else entirely.
    Justin, Oct 5, 2005
  9. Pete Brown

    Biz Guest

    For the last time people, OEM hardware does not come with application
    software, just necessary OS drivers.. Thats one reason why OEM hardware is
    cheaper...can't you comprehend this?

    Biz, Oct 5, 2005
  10. Pete Brown

    Justin Guest

    Biz wrote on [Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:36:51 GMT]:
    > For the last time people, OEM hardware does not come with application
    > software, just necessary OS drivers.. Thats one reason why OEM hardware is
    > cheaper...can't you comprehend this?

    Sure it does. Sometimes.

    Retail hardware comes with OEM software, or "light" software quite
    often, as well.
    Justin, Oct 5, 2005
  11. "Biz" <> wrote:

    >For the last time people, OEM hardware does not come with application
    >software, just necessary OS drivers.. Thats one reason why OEM hardware is
    >cheaper...can't you comprehend this?

    Eh? My DVD writer (a BTC DVD +/-R 16x) came with the package I
    described earlier, which seems comprehensive to me:

    Nero BackItUp
    Nero CD-DVD Speed
    Nero Cover Designer
    Nero DriveSpeed
    Nero Express
    Nero InfoTool
    Nero Media Player
    Nero Recode
    Nero ShowTime
    NeroVision Express

    Note that Nero Express is a burning program. Its main menu looks like
    this:
    What would you like to burn?
    - Data
    - Music
    - Video Files
    - Entire Disc
    - Image or Saved Project

    It also has buttons for:
    Save Tracks, Erase Disc, Disc Info, and Cover Designer

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Oct 6, 2005
  12. Pete Brown

    Justin Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote on [Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:21:16 +0100]:
    > "Biz" <> wrote:
    >
    >>For the last time people, OEM hardware does not come with application
    >>software, just necessary OS drivers.. Thats one reason why OEM hardware is
    >>cheaper...can't you comprehend this?

    > Eh? My DVD writer (a BTC DVD +/-R 16x) came with the package I
    > described earlier, which seems comprehensive to me:
    >
    > Nero BackItUp
    > Nero CD-DVD Speed
    > Nero Cover Designer
    > Nero DriveSpeed
    > Nero Express
    > Nero InfoTool
    > Nero Media Player
    > Nero Recode
    > Nero ShowTime
    > NeroVision Express
    >
    > Note that Nero Express is a burning program. Its main menu looks like

    Nero Express is far from comprehensive, but can do the job most people
    want to do.
    Justin, Oct 6, 2005