Using multiple VLANs between Aironot 1200 and Linksys SRW2048

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by DigitalMess, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. DigitalMess

    DigitalMess Guest

    I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion as to how to use
    multiple VLANs with Cisco Aironet 1200 APs and Linksys SRW2048 Network
    Switches. The APs are running 12.3(7)JA IOS and the linksys switches
    has the latest Linksys Firmware which is 1.2.1 if I'm remembering
    correctly. Do I need to place a router between the AP and the Switch?
    I've tried just trunking the Linksys Port 30 that goes to the AP,
    authenticated the wireless client onto the VLAN 5 assigned a wired
    client on port 9 to VLAN 5 then also tried trunking the wired client on
    port 9. PSFS Is disabled for testing purposes and I'm unable to ping
    from the wired client to the wireless client or vice versa. I've also
    tried this with GSVP enable and disabled, along with putting them in
    GSVP State or not in state.

    What I'm trying to do:
    2 Wireless VLANs (VLAN1 w/SSID staff, VLAN5 w/SSID public)
    2 Wired VLANs (VLAN1 w/SSID clients, VLAN5 w/SSID public)

    SSID 5/Public only needs Internet Access and I suspect that I'll be
    putting a DHCP server on the VLAN 5 or enabling DHCP on the AP for VLAN
    5 (If possible)

    Any idea's people could give me would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Aaron

    DigitalMess, Sep 18, 2006

  2. DigitalMess

    corb Guest

    > What I'm trying to do:
    > 2 Wireless VLANs (VLAN1 w/SSID staff, VLAN5 w/SSID public)
    > 2 Wired VLANs (VLAN1 w/SSID clients, VLAN5 w/SSID public)
    >
    > SSID 5/Public only needs Internet Access and I suspect that I'll be
    > putting a DHCP server on the VLAN 5 or enabling DHCP on the AP for VLAN
    > 5 (If possible)
    >
    > Any idea's people could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Aaron

    your switch and AP support 802.1q - create a trunk between them

    corb, Sep 18, 2006