    Thanks
    Mark
    , Jun 25, 2007

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 25, 11:49 am, wrote:
    > Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
    > I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.
    >
    > I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
    > recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mark

    SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
    bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
    disappointed me.
    Trendkill, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Jun 25, 11:56 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Jun 25, 11:49 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
    > > I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.

    > > I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
    > > recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.

    > > Thanks
    > > Mark

    > SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
    > bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
    > disappointed me.

    Does Putty have a SmartPhone version??? I need this to run on a
    Motorola Q phone via USD connection.
    , Jun 26, 2007
  4. Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 26, 2:25 pm, wrote:
    > On Jun 25, 11:56 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 25, 11:49 am, wrote:

    > > > Does anyone use the Q for serial console access to Cisco gear?
    > > > I currently use (don't laugh) an old Palm V for this.

    > > > I need info on where to get the USB to serial RJ45 adapter and
    > > > recommendations on what software is best for term emulation.

    > > > Thanks
    > > > Mark

    > > SecureCRT for terminal emulation. Best hands down. Cost ya 100
    > > bucks, but worth every penny. For free stuff, Putty has never
    > > disappointed me.

    > Does Putty have a SmartPhone version??? I need this to run on a
    > Motorola Q phone via USD connection.

    Probably not, its a freeware app that has been around for a long
    time. I have never seen a compact or PDA device version. Works on
    just about any platform, so would be interesting to see......
    Trendkill, Jun 26, 2007