    i forward these emails after ive seen if they're OK??
    ANY HELP WILL BE COOLMONDO..all the best FRED C

    ---
    fredcromer, Apr 10, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Mike Guest

    You move email to individual folders in your email program. Mailwasher
    cannot do this. There are many possible reasons Mailwasher is showing some
    emails as having attachments. Html email can contain scripts or adds that
    might cause this. You need to preview these and make a determination to
    receive them or not.
    How it works is like this: Mailwasher shows the emails on your server.
    You can delete them, or bounce them BEFORE they come onto your hard drive.
    Hence, you are safe from viri, etc. Once you have checked through the list
    and have decided which emails you want to download, click on the 'process
    mail' button. The rejected emails will be deleted from the server and the
    accepted ones downloaded into your email program.
    HTH
    Mike

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > I'm sick to death of getting phoney emails from MS, and the like...some in
    > CHINESE..so i downloaded mailwasher...I have understood it so far, but

    after
    > i tick that the email is a 'friend' how do i get it to forward it to a
    > folder in outlook express, called "myoldems", where i store all my emails
    > for future use ??
    > It also says 'attachments' and has "yes" in the checkbox when there are
    > none.?? any help, mailwashers of the past ?? What im trying to say is how

    do

    Mike, Apr 10, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in

    > You move email to individual folders in your email program. Mailwasher
    > cannot do this. There are many possible reasons Mailwasher is showing
    > some emails as having attachments. Html email can contain scripts or
    > adds that might cause this. You need to preview these and make a
    > determination to receive them or not.
    > How it works is like this: Mailwasher shows the emails on your
    > server.
    > You can delete them, or bounce them BEFORE they come onto your hard
    > drive. Hence, you are safe from viri, etc. Once you have checked
    > through the list and have decided which emails you want to download,
    > click on the 'process mail' button. The rejected emails will be
    > deleted from the server and the accepted ones downloaded into your
    > email program.
    > HTH
    > Mike

    Yes, what you talk about is a good solution. However, one must take the
    email client program such as Outlook out of its Auto pulling of emails
    from the ISP server at start up or pulling emails on a timed basis in
    order of Mailwasher to work affectively. Otherwise, the mail client
    program has pulled the emails from the ISP email server and there is
    nothing there for MW to filter.

    I delete all short-cuts to OE from the desktop and use MW short-cuts and
    place a MW short-cut in the Start folder. MW will start OE after the
    Process Mail button is used and there is something left after the
    filtering process or the Mail Program button is use.

    After Outlook as started with its auto sending and receiving of emails
    being disabled, one uses the Send/Recv button to send and receive the
    emails.

    When using the Send button to send an email, the email is held in the
    Outbox folder and one must use the Send/Recv button to send the email
    from the Outbox.

    HTH

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 10, 2004