    work! Any thoughts....i've looked everywhere, googled, etc...but it won't
    work on that web site. And AFAIK, it -was- downloaded onto my PC (it's in
    program files).
    mistuh, Jul 3, 2005

  2. mistuh

    Fred is back Guest

    mistuh <> wrote:

    > Hello.

    Wassup?

    > I don't know =why=, but, each time i download Flash Player 7, with
    > Firefox as my brower, it doesn't seem to work.

    Are you pulling my leg? You really do not know why?

    > I"m on a cite, it to work!

    Classic lack of specificity by someone who is markedly disharmonious.

    > Any thoughts.

    Classic insecurity complex, as evidenced by your being moody and
    hypersensitive, mistuh.

    > i've looked everywhere, googled, etc.

    Wow, who hasn't.

    > but it won't work on that web site.

    But this, but that...

    > And AFAIK, it -was- downloaded onto my PC (it's in program files)

    I like fortran the best.
    Fred is back, Jul 3, 2005

  3. mistuh

    WormWood Guest

    I bet you didn't close Mozilla while installing Flash Player, right?
    Anyway, read this, it's great, very informative.
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/notes.html
    --
    Good Luck
    WW

    WormWood, Jul 3, 2005
  4. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    WormWood wrote:
    > I bet you didn't close Mozilla while installing Flash Player, right?
    > Anyway, read this, it's great, very informative.
    > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/notes.html
    >
    > "mistuh" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello. I don't know =why=, but, each time i download Flash Player 7,
    >> with Firefox as my brower, it doesn't seem to work. I"m on a cite,
    >> birthdayalarms.com that requires the Flash Player, but, i can't get
    >> it to work! Any thoughts....i've looked everywhere, googled,
    >> etc...but it won't work on that web site. And AFAIK, it -was-
    >> downloaded onto my PC (it's in program files).

    I bet you're *wrong*...i =did= close Mozilla while installing...i closed ALL
    open programs...didn't help one iota.

    In the meantime, i'll check out that link and let you know if there's any
    change...thanks.
    mistuh, Jul 3, 2005
  5. mistuh wrote:

    >> "mistuh" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hello. I don't know =why=, but, each time i download Flash Player 7,
    >>> with Firefox as my brower, it doesn't seem to work. I"m on a cite,
    >>> birthdayalarms.com that requires the Flash Player, but, i can't get
    >>> it to work! Any thoughts....i've looked everywhere, googled,
    >>> etc...but it won't work on that web site. And AFAIK, it -was-
    >>> downloaded onto my PC (it's in program files).

    > I bet you're *wrong*...i =did= close Mozilla while installing...i closed ALL
    > open programs...didn't help one iota.

    > In the meantime, i'll check out that link and let you know if there's any
    > change...thanks.

    I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    inhabitants write like that.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2005
  6. mistuh

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > mistuh wrote:
    >
    >>> "mistuh" <> wrote in message

    >> I bet you're *wrong*...i =did= close Mozilla while installing...i closed
    >> ALL
    >> open programs...didn't help one iota.

    >> In the meantime, i'll check out that link and let you know if there's any
    >> change...thanks.

    > I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    > inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    > inhabitants write like that.

    Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis to
    indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as my dash in
    the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite sloppily. Stand back,
    or it'll get all over you.

    Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  7. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I bet you're *wrong*...i =did= close Mozilla while installing...i
    >>> closed ALL
    >>> open programs...didn't help one iota.

    >>> In the meantime, i'll check out that link and let you know if
    >>> there's any change...thanks.

    >> I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    >> inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    >> inhabitants write like that.
    >>

    > Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis
    > to indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as
    > my dash in the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite
    > sloppily. Stand back, or it'll get all over you.
    >
    > Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)

    Meanwhile, be that as it MAY, i'm still *not* able to download Flash Player
    7! I have NO IDEA why it's not being allowed to download. I tried a
    standalone installer, same difference. And at one point when it seemed that
    i HAD downloaded and installed it (at least that's what it *said* i did) it
    was nowhere to be found in Start---All Programs, and in Add/Remove programs.
    I think it's time for a MAC.
    mistuh, Jul 3, 2005
  8. mistuh

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "mistuh" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    >>> inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    >>> inhabitants write like that.
    >>>

    >> Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis
    >> to indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as
    >> my dash in the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite
    >> sloppily. Stand back, or it'll get all over you.
    >>
    >> Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)

    > Meanwhile, be that as it MAY, i'm still *not* able to download Flash
    > Player 7! I have NO IDEA why it's not being allowed to download. I tried
    > a standalone installer, same difference. And at one point when it seemed
    > that i HAD downloaded and installed it (at least that's what it *said* i
    > did) it was nowhere to be found in Start---All Programs, and in Add/Remove
    > programs. I think it's time for a MAC.

    I don't think it will show in Start/Programs. It's a web browser plug-in.
    Did you go to a web page with a Flash screen to see if it plays now?

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/
    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I bet you're *wrong*...i =did= close Mozilla while installing...i
    >>> closed ALL open programs...didn't help one iota.

    >>> In the meantime, i'll check out that link and let you know if
    >>> there's any change...thanks.

    >> I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    >> inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    >> inhabitants write like that.
    >>

    > Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis
    > to indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as my
    > dash in

    A *significant* pause, sure. So do I, sometimes. But not simply as
    illiterate punctuation between every pair of sentences. A pause
    triplet loses its meaning (SIGNIFICANT break) if it's all one uses, the
    same way using all caps makes it impossible to use them to show
    emphasis.

    > the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite sloppily. Stand
    > back, or it'll get all over you.

    Looks like a hyphen to me. Are you aware that hyphens and dashes are
    different animals (traditionally, in typesetting). Look up "dash",
    "m-dash" or "em-dash", "n-dash" or "en-dash".

    > Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)

    Probably. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2005
  10. mistuh

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'll sure be glad when 1) Usenet posters are charged by the use of
    >>> inappropriate periods, or 2) we figure out the planet on which
    >>> inhabitants write like that.
    >>>

    >> Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis
    >> to indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as my
    >> dash in

    > A *significant* pause, sure. So do I, sometimes. But not simply as
    > illiterate punctuation between every pair of sentences. A pause
    > triplet loses its meaning (SIGNIFICANT break) if it's all one uses, the
    > same way using all caps makes it impossible to use them to show
    > emphasis.
    >
    >> the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite sloppily. Stand
    >> back, or it'll get all over you.

    > Looks like a hyphen to me. Are you aware that hyphens and dashes are
    > different animals (traditionally, in typesetting). Look up "dash",
    > "m-dash" or "em-dash", "n-dash" or "en-dash".
    >
    >> Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)

    > Probably. :)

    I'm quite familiar with en-dash and em-dash, since I do some page layout
    work. You are correct that the standard keyboard 'dash' is in fact a hyphen.
    But in the context I used it in, I used it as a dash. Not having easy access
    to an en-dash, I preceded and followed with a space. I know: poor excuse <g>

    Working in Windows for layout, the em-dash '—' is alt-0151 and en-dash is
    alt-0150 '–' (on the numeric keypad). I don't have that keypad easily
    accessible on my laptop. Yes, I can do it. No, I usually don't want to
    bother. ;o)

    Heck, I don't even know if those characters will display properly on other
    reader's news clients!
    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah - that's one of my bad habits too. I frequently use the ellipsis
    >>> to indicate a pause...which is totally incorrect usage <g>! Same as my
    >>> dash in

    >> A *significant* pause, sure. So do I, sometimes. But not simply as
    >> illiterate punctuation between every pair of sentences. A pause
    >> triplet loses its meaning (SIGNIFICANT break) if it's all one uses, the
    >> same way using all caps makes it impossible to use them to show
    >> emphasis.

    >>> the first sentence. I tend to write like I talk: quite sloppily. Stand
    >>> back, or it'll get all over you.

    >> Looks like a hyphen to me. Are you aware that hyphens and dashes are
    >> different animals (traditionally, in typesetting). Look up "dash",
    >> "m-dash" or "em-dash", "n-dash" or "en-dash".

    >>> Gee, wasn't there a fragmented sentence in there somewhere too? ;o)

    >> Probably. :)

    > I'm quite familiar with en-dash and em-dash, since I do some page layout
    > work. You are correct that the standard keyboard 'dash' is in fact a hyphen.
    > But in the context I used it in, I used it as a dash. Not having easy access
    > to an en-dash, I preceded and followed with a space. I know: poor excuse <g>

    And I used some Mrs. Dash on my omelet, this morning. :)

    Mrs. Dash is a dangerous thing. The holes in the to of the shaker are
    way too big. I suspect that's a Marketing Thing, so you use it up more
    quickly. :)

    > Working in Windows for layout, the em-dash '—' is alt-0151 and en-dash is
    > alt-0150 '–' (on the numeric keypad). I don't have that keypad easily
    > accessible on my laptop. Yes, I can do it. No, I usually don't want to
    > bother. ;o)

    Of course I wouldn't have remembered those. And yeah, I don't ever
    toggle the n-keypad in on my laptop, either.

    > Heck, I don't even know if those characters will display properly on other
    > reader's news clients!

    Quite possibly not. And certainly not for those of us who use
    fixed-pitch fonts, to make possible tables and other formatting.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2005