Using machine certificate with EAP-TLS

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Roy Chastain, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Roy Chastain

    Roy Chastain Guest

    I want to be able to use the machine certificate for authentication to my fully WPA2 compliant AP. If I have a valid user cert installed on
    the system, I can connect. If I choose use different name and clear simple selection, I am only offered my user cert. If I login to the
    system with a user id that does not have a user cert and attempt to connect with the user computer setting set, it fails telling me that
    there is no certificate to use.

    This tells me that the machine certificate is not being found, yet the machine is auto enrolled and my local CA shows that a cert for the
    machine was created.

    Also when I use the user cert and check 'validate server cert', it also fails. (I see 2 different possible certs for my network in the
    list. One is simply the short name of the DC and the other is my enterprise self-signed cert.)

    The client is XP SP2 with the WPA2 upgrade hotfix. The network is a WIn 2003 with integrated CA and IAS installed and (at least mostly)
    operational.

    How do I get the wireless code to use the find/use the machine cert?

    Thanks
    Roy Chastain

    Roy Chastain, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Roy Chastain

    skums

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have the same problem that you describe and wonder - if you solved it -and in case how ?

    skums, Jan 6, 2008