    any ideas
    my laptop is thinkpad R50p running windows xp, downloaded service pack 2.
    intel(R) pro / wireless LAN 2100 3B mini....is the wireless name.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtEdWJhaQ==?=, Mar 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtEdWJhaQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    FrankDubai wrote:

    > I can connect to the internet through my linksys router, but when I
    > disconnect the cable, no internet .
    > Have spent hours on the phone withy my ISP and linksys.
    > The conclusion was that my wireless lan driver needs updating. I have
    > downloaded the latest driver and still same problem!
    >
    > any ideas
    > my laptop is thinkpad R50p running windows xp, downloaded service pack
    > 2. intel(R) pro / wireless LAN 2100 3B mini....is the wireless name.

    Does the wireless work anywhere else besides home? If not and the laptop
    is still under warranty, call IBM tech support (which is excellent).
    The component may have failed. Or try a wireless pc card in your laptop
    instead and see if it works.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Have you gone here yet? Try creating your connection without any security
    first to see if you can see the router.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVudGVyIEI=?=, Mar 18, 2005