    Can somebody suggest me the proper software or some advise...?

    Thanks,
    Ozzie

    Ozzie, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Ozzie

    Erick Guest

    I do believe that the IrDA port signals at a totally different frequency
    than most TVs and such. You can get Media Center remotes now that are also
    universals and use a combination of sensors from the PC and the remote to
    interact with the TV.

    "Ozzie" <> wrote in message
    As I have mentioned in the header, what are the option. I want to control my
    TV through the infrared port on my laptop.

    Erick, Jan 4, 2006

  3. Ozzie

    Ozzie Guest

    "Erick" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >I do believe that the IrDA port signals at a totally different frequency
    > than most TVs and such. You can get Media Center remotes now that are also
    > universals and use a combination of sensors from the PC and the remote to
    > interact with the TV.

    hmmm I wanted to do that without an universal remote control. Just using a
    PC. If it's true about the frequnecy then I'll stop searching for it. How
    can I see the frequency of my computer IrDA?

    Ozzie, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Ozzie

    Erick Guest

    I tried to Google some information, but I can't seem to find anything about
    frequencies. You might have better luck. I did find there are several
    different specifications to the standard, which could add to the headaches
    of making it work with TV. As for finding the frequency, unless it can be
    found online somewhere, I do believe it would take an oscilliscope
    (everybody has one, right?).

    Erick, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Ozzie

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Ozzie wrote:
    > As I have mentioned in the header, what are the option. I want to control my
    > TV through the infrared port on my laptop.
    > Can somebody suggest me the proper software or some advise...?

    If you have the skills, you could build yourself something like
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/pbhandary/pic/iralyze/iralyze.html

    You then have to examine the data as in
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/pbhandary/pic/iralyze/sig_analysis.html and
    see whether it will be possible to get them talking to each other.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jan 4, 2006