    connected to a wireless router. The laptop can connect to the network but
    when I open IE it says 'cannot find server'. Any ideas ?

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z25vZWxt?=, Dec 29, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z25vZWxt?=

    peter Guest

    Is the wireless router connected to a cable/asdl modem??
    open XP's help&support and type in internet sharing
    look at this website for more dteailed info
    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html
    peter

    peter, Dec 30, 2004

  3. I assume you have never been able to get to the Internet on the laptop?
    If the answer is "yes", then I have the following questions:
    1. How is the laptop connected to internet (i.e. wireless card, e-net????)
    2. What type of modem are you using (i.e. dialup, broadband)
    3. Have you contacted your ISP to talk you through initial setup
    instructions?
    4. If you are familiar with the "DOS Prompt" you can use this to execute the
    "PING" command. (i.e. ping www.microsoft.com) If you get "request time
    out" you are not talking to the site
    5. Do you have any firewall software running? If so you may want to
    disable as
    a test to see if this is stopping internet access. I have a 2WIRE DSL modem
    which has built in firewall feature and don't really need additional software
    protection.

    I hope this gets you thinking about some things.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbWVsbGE=?=, Dec 30, 2004
  4. 1. laptop is connected wirelessly (WiFi)
    2. broadband modem

    so what do i do ? thx for replying.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z25vZWxt?=, Dec 30, 2004
  5. its a wireless router and also adsl modem i think...

    =?Utf-8?B?Z25vZWxt?=, Dec 30, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Z25vZWxt?=

    peter Guest

    go there and follow the instructions