    Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    to use an internet on my PC.
    , Apr 15, 2006

  2. Prometheus Guest

    In article <>,
    writes
    >Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    >to use an internet on my PC.

    You can probably use your mobile phone as a modem from your PC, it will
    be slow and expensive, but if you have no other connexion then it is
    much better than nothing. I have used my mobile phone with a Psion 5MX
    for email and a brief dabble it web browsing, it's to slow (and
    expensive) for web use however.

    --
    Ian G8ILZ
    Prometheus, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Helen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    > to use an internet on my PC.

    Take a digital photograph of the whole setup then you might be on topic.
    Helen, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    > to use an internet on my PC.

    It depends on the megapixels.
    Jim Townsend, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Roy G Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    >> to use an internet on my PC.
    >>

    > Take a digital photograph of the whole setup then you might be on topic.

    Hi.

    With the Mobile Phone, perhaps.

    I suspect it won't be any better at being a Camera, than it will be at being
    a Modem.

    There will no doubt be some Japanese person who is trying to install Blood
    Pressure, Heart Rate Monitoring, and Ultra Sound Scanning into a Mobile
    Phone. Which will automatically be able to make Bookings for the Maternity
    Unit, Heart Clinic or whatever at the Hospital which its GPS detects is
    nearest.

    The real joke is that some people would trust their lives to such an
    instrument.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:14:23 GMT, "Roy G"
    <> wrote:

    >"Helen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Can I use my infra red port connected to my mobile(which is using GSM)
    >>> to use an internet on my PC.
    >>>

    >> Take a digital photograph of the whole setup then you might be on topic.
    >>

    >Hi.
    >
    >With the Mobile Phone, perhaps.
    >
    >I suspect it won't be any better at being a Camera, than it will be at being
    >a Modem.
    >
    >There will no doubt be some Japanese person who is trying to install Blood
    >Pressure, Heart Rate Monitoring, and Ultra Sound Scanning into a Mobile
    >Phone. Which will automatically be able to make Bookings for the Maternity
    >Unit, Heart Clinic or whatever at the Hospital which its GPS detects is
    >nearest.
    >
    >The real joke is that some people would trust their lives to such an
    >instrument.
    >
    >Roy G

    How about heart monitor watches already on the market?
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/cardio.htm
    It would be simple to integrate Bluetooth into one to match a cell
    phone.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"