    Firewall.

    Cheers.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    WebWalker Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:21:55 +0100, "Lloyd Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey guy's,
    >
    >I've configured OE to download my emails from Hotmail, but the only way I
    >can download them is by disabling Norton Internet Security.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me a way I can download my emails without disabling my
    >Firewall.

    I don't own Norton Internet Security software but anyway firewall
    generaly will try to block things going and coming from the Internet.

    You need to give permission to the firewall to allow OE to download
    stuff from the Internet/ISP.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    TINY Guest

    How do you get hotmail to download into OE I would like to try that

    TINY, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    a.. Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu in Outlook Express.
    a.. Click Add and select Mail....
    a.. Enter your name.
    a.. Click Next.
    a.. Enter your Hotmail address ("", for example).
    a.. Click Next again.
    a.. Make sure HTTP is selected under My incoming mail server is a __ server.
    a.. Now, select Hotmail under My HTTP mail service provider is __.
    a.. Click Next.
    a.. Enter your Hotmail address ("", for example) under
    Account name:
    a.. Type your Hotmail password under Password.
    a.. Click Next.
    a.. Click Finish.
    a.. Click Close to close the Outlook Express accounts window.
    a.. Now, select Yes to download the Hotmail folders list in Outlook Express.

    Hope it works for you.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    TINY Guest

    Thank you very much work with no problems

    TINY, Jun 26, 2004
  6. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Your welcome.