    fails on installing a driver named "G" under the "Sound" section in the
    "Device Manager". I tried installing the Microsoft hotfix for USB sound
    devices, but it didn't help.
    Guest, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest

    On 24 sep, 19:13, <> wrote:
    > Has anyone managed to get a GN 9330 USB headset working with Vista? Mine
    > fails on installing a driver named "G" under the "Sound" section in the
    > "Device Manager". I tried installing the Microsoft hotfix for USB sound
    > devices, but it didn't help.

    I did replace the system files "USBAUDIO.SYS" by a "USBAUDIO.SYS" from
    XP (my account is an Administrator one, the filesize of Vista's
    "USBAUDIO.SYS" is 70Kb and the XP one is ~58Kb).

    On my Vista, the USBAUDIO file is located in 2 locations:

    -c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    -c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_usb.inf_9ce240de

    right click on the file and click on properties,

    tab security-> click advanced,
    tab owner-> then click edit
    select administtors and press ok -> you will get a message telling you
    that you are about to change the ownership click ok and then click ok
    till you get back to the frist menu.

    then you have to change the permissons on the file

    click advanced
    in the permissons tab highlight the admin
    the click edit,

    double click on admin again
    select the allow full control box--- then click ok untill you get back
    to the front screen....

    you can now replace the file without any trouble.
    Then I copied the c:\windows\system32\usbaudio.sys to a "usbaudio -
    VistaBackup.sys". I put the XP one as the "usbaudio.sys". Everything
    worked.

    Thanks to Ramey and David for the info.

    Good luck
    , Oct 1, 2007