    longer available or write-protected" bug. Has anybody tried using an ftp
    client to transfer large files over network? If so which one (preferably
    free) works well and is easy to set up?

    Ric, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Hi,
    Filezilla server and client works well for me. It has most features you
    could want including optional speed limits for uploads and downloads. Works
    fine for 1Gb+.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

    hth

    Philip Ashley

    Philip Ashley, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Ric

    Ric Guest

    Thanks

    Ric, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Ric

    Greg Guest

    "Ric" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems transferring large files over my wireless network -
    > the transfer gets part way across and then I get the well-known XP "file
    > no longer available or write-protected" bug. Has anybody tried using an
    > ftp client to transfer large files over network? If so which one
    > (preferably free) works well and is easy to set up?

    Don't know why you get that. I do 5 gigs through mine and all is OK. I would
    suggest you check out the possibility of interference or a dodgy NIC.

    Greg, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Ric

    Quaoar Guest

    "Ric" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems transferring large files over my wireless
    > network - the transfer gets part way across and then I get the
    > well-known XP "file no longer available or write-protected" bug. Has
    > anybody tried using an ftp client to transfer large files over
    > network? If so which one (preferably free) works well and is easy to
    > set up?

    Is the file host computer going into HD or CPU standby?

    Quaoar, Sep 11, 2005