    ?.
    gussyboy

    , May 18, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > the strobe lights (alien bees) are the only lights all others turned
    > off no florescent to mix with them .
    > to do a custom white balance with the canon 2od should i stand where
    > my subjects will be standing and do a custom white balance with the
    > expodisc on facing towards the lights
    > (1 main the othe fill ) or where i wll be standing taking the
    > pictures ?.

    Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the light
    source for WB calibration.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 18, 2006

  3. "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >> the strobe lights (alien bees) are the only lights all others turned
    >> off no florescent to mix with them .
    >> to do a custom white balance with the canon 2od should i stand where
    >> my subjects will be standing and do a custom white balance with the
    >> expodisc on facing towards the lights
    >> (1 main the othe fill ) or where i wll be standing taking the
    >> pictures ?.

    > Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the light
    > source for WB calibration.

    Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights, not the
    5500K of the flash tubes.

    Darrell Larose, May 19, 2006
  4. Darrell Larose wrote:

    >> Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the
    >> light source for WB calibration.
    >>

    > Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights,
    > not the 5500K of the flash tubes.

    True. I'm running under the assumption that he already knows the difference
    and would have set the flash(s) to trigger when setting the WB.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 19, 2006
  5. "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > Darrell Larose wrote:
    >
    >>> Nothing changes in the way you use the ExpoDisc, point it at the
    >>> light source for WB calibration.
    >>>

    >> Except he'll get a white balance for the tungsten modelling lights,
    >> not the 5500K of the flash tubes.

    > True. I'm running under the assumption that he already knows the
    > difference
    > and would have set the flash(s) to trigger when setting the WB.

    I don't think a dSLR has fast enough response time to do a flash white
    balance.

    Darrell Larose, May 19, 2006