    figure it out. I would really like to see what my new computer is capable of
    but I think this connection thing is holding me back!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry so wordy!

    =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=

    Dave Cox Guest

    I have a Toshiba too, I had terrible problems until I uninstalled Norton
    Internet Security. If its new, its bundeled with it.

    Try turning it off......

    Dave Cox, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Nope mine came with a month of McAffe. Thanks for replying though, I was
    begining to think I did something wrong and my ??? didn't post!

    =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=, Jan 26, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=

    Dave Cox Guest

    Its still worth disableing McAffe to see if its this.

    Mines a netgear and the first problem I had was not knowing there was a
    button on it to detect wireless!

    I take it, its just one laptop connecting to the Internet? Does your Laptop
    need a Network password to log on? Could be that?

    Good luck anyway.

    Dave Cox, Jan 26, 2006
  5. I'll try it. It's not really a matter of it not trying to connect so much as
    it is that too many networks are trying to connect. I can always connect
    wirelessly but then when I try to open a page the dialup network tries to
    connect also. And it is very persistent!!! LOL!

    =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=, Jan 26, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c24wd2wwdmVy?=

    Lem Guest

    sn0wl0ver wrote:

    > I'll try it. It's not really a matter of it not trying to connect so much as
    > it is that too many networks are trying to connect. I can always connect
    > wirelessly but then when I try to open a page the dialup network tries to
    > connect also. And it is very persistent!!! LOL!
    >
    > "Dave Cox" wrote:
    >
    > > Its still worth disableing McAffe to see if its this.
    > >
    > > Mines a netgear and the first problem I had was not knowing there was a
    > > button on it to detect wireless!
    > >
    > > I take it, its just one laptop connecting to the Internet? Does your Laptop
    > > need a Network password to log on? Could be that?
    > >
    > > Good luck anyway.
    > >

    > > "sn0wl0ver" <> wrote in message
    > > > Nope mine came with a month of McAffe. Thanks for replying though, I was
    > > > begining to think I did something wrong and my ??? didn't post!

    In Internet Explorer, go to Tool > Internet Options > Connections
    Click the radio button for "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"
    This may still cause a dial attempt if you open IE before you've had a chance to
    connect with a wireless network. If that happens too often, click the button for
    "Never dial a connection" -- which you will have to uncheck when you really want
    to dial up.

    Lem, Jan 26, 2006