    anyone have successful experience w/ this or some other extenders?
    tnx
    , Jan 31, 2013

  2. Guest

    ok. so not only is it not supported, but it won't work either.
    you say 'non-cisco'. linksys makes these wifi extenders too.
    any chance that we'll have some luck with that?
    don't get me wrong. i was never planning on using these things rampantly throughout our network. they just seem like a nice solution for 'dead' areas
    where there are few potential users distributed over a large area.
    clearly, cisco isn't marketing the linksys units for enterprise networks. it wasn't clear to me if that was just marketing strategy or technically it won't go.

    On Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:03:02 AM UTC+2, wrote:
    > Hi Avraham,
    >

    > There is no support for using any kind of non-Cisco "wifi extender" or
    >
    > "repeater" with a Cisco Aironet AP. (Note only that, but it won't
    >
    > work.)
    >

    > I assume that your goal is to extend the range of your wireless
    >
    > coverage without installing another wired AP. With Cisco Unified
    >
    > Wireless, you can do that with the "indoor mesh" feature, which lets
    >
    > you use the 5GHz radio as backhaul. See
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080b1c101.shtml
    >

    > So you could get another 1131 or 1242 and set that up for indoor mesh.
    >

    > Best,
    >

    > Aaron
    >

    > ----
    >

    > ~ i'm trying to use a wifi extender with an 1131 ap which is managed via a 4404 wlc.
    >
    > ~ i looks to me like i have both sides configured the same, wpa2-psk, aes,
    >
    > ~ same channel, same bandwidth, same passphrase.
    >
    > ~ i'm running out of ideas.
    >
    > ~ any hints?
    >
    > ~ the extender is an edimax ew7438pn.
    >
    > ~ (don't ask why we're using this particular extender.)
    >
    > ~
    >
    > ~ anyone have successful experience w/ this or some other extenders?
    >
    > ~ tnx
    , Feb 6, 2013