Using Cisco 2500 Power supply in 2600 Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kirill Ponazdyr, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    Does anyone knows if placing the 2500 AC Power supply (34-0625-02)
    into the 2600 Series router is something which can be done without
    worrying about the stability of the 2600?

    I mean, on the first look it does work pretty well, all what needs to
    be done is one extra hole in the PS enclosure and there you go, router
    boots up, even with WIC and NM slots fully loaded. But I still wonder
    if the 2500 PS would be able to sustain the wattage load of 2600 with
    different NM cards over the longer period of time.

    In theory it should have problems, since 2500 series are specified at
    max 40W and 2600 at max 72W, but on another hand, the power supply
    which was originally in our 2600 had "MAX 50W" written on it in large,
    red, bold letters.

    Does anyone have long term expierences with using 2500 PS in 2600
    router?

    Regards

    Kirill
    P.s Because of the recent, massive Spamming of
    Email addresses within nntp posts headers, the email
    address posted in headers of this message is bogus,
    if you wish to reply to this message via E-Mail please
    decrypt and use the follwing address:
    ng1{at}codeangels*d0t*com

    Kirill Ponazdyr, Feb 5, 2004