    Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    jim

    jim evans, May 11, 2005

  2. jim evans <> writes:

    > Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    > JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    Dunno how in the browser. Some gallery software will display it. You
    can also save the image to disk and then look with IrfanView or
    whatever you like that can display the Exif.

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 11, 2005

  3. jim evans

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    jim evans <> wrote:

    > Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    > JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    Through a plug-in or javascript or such. Here's one:
    <http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/>

    Paul Mitchum, May 11, 2005
  4. jim evans

    jim evans Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:39:45 -0700, 0m (Paul Mitchum)
    wrote:

    >jim evans <> wrote:
    >
    >> Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    >> JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    >Through a plug-in or javascript or such. Here's one:
    ><http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/>

    Now that's slick. I'll bet that's what he meant.

    Thanks

    jim

    jim evans, May 11, 2005
  5. jim evans

    Ron Hunter Guest

    David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
    > jim evans <> writes:
    >

    >>Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    >>JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    > Dunno how in the browser. Some gallery software will display it. You
    > can also save the image to disk and then look with IrfanView or
    > whatever you like that can display the Exif.

    I believe there is an extension for Firefox that will do this, but it
    requires, of course, that the image be loaded without stripping the EXIF
    data to save file size... Unfortunately many .jpg pictures on the web
    have been stripped, and resized to save space.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, May 11, 2005
  6. jim evans

    Sam Lowry Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:29:12 -0500, jim evans wrote:

    > Someone told me today that their browser could read the Exif data of a
    > JPEG on the web. How is this done?

    I use IExif from http://www.opanda.com/en/

    -SL

    Sam Lowry, May 15, 2005