Using Asterisk to simulate an ISDN2e line

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ron Wellsted, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. Ron Wellsted

    Ron Wellsted Guest

    I am trying to get 2 Asterisk servers to communicate over an ISDN2e line.

    Each is running Asterisk 1.2.10 + Bristuff driving a HFC-S chipset BRI
    card. One is configured as bri_net_ptmp, the other as bri_cpe_ptmp.

    I have built a crossover cable wired as

    (Rx+) 3 ------ 4 (Tx+)
    (Tx+) 4 ------ 3 (Rx+)
    (Tx-) 5 ------ 6 (Rx-)
    (Rx-) 6 ------ 5 (Tx-)

    However the slave (cpe) Asterisk box always reports that the
    D-channel is unavailable. While the master (net) box seems happy.

    Changing to ptp mode (bri_net and bri_cpe signalling) causes both boxes to
    report a lack of D-channel.

    Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

    --
    Ron Wellsted
    http://www.wellsted.org.uk

    Ron Wellsted, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Ron Wellsted wrote:
    > I am trying to get 2 Asterisk servers to communicate over an ISDN2e line.
    >
    > Each is running Asterisk 1.2.10 + Bristuff driving a HFC-S chipset BRI
    > card. One is configured as bri_net_ptmp, the other as bri_cpe_ptmp.
    >
    > I have built a crossover cable wired as
    >
    > (Rx+) 3 ------ 4 (Tx+)
    > (Tx+) 4 ------ 3 (Rx+)
    > (Tx-) 5 ------ 6 (Rx-)
    >
    > However the slave (cpe) Asterisk box always reports that the
    > D-channel is unavailable. While the master (net) box seems happy.
    >
    > Changing to ptp mode (bri_net and bri_cpe signalling) causes both boxes to
    > report a lack of D-channel.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong?

    I personally thought that you didn't use a crossover in this arrangement.

    I wouldn't know though. You'd be better off asking on the asterisk-users
    mailing list. There are a lot more ISDN users on there.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 26, 2006