    suggestions on the use of the virtual CD Drive.

    TIA
    Arawak

    Arawak, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Arawak

    Jj Guest

    Arawak <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have come across a lot of information about Virtual CD Drives but
    > although I downloaded a free on and can see the drive, I don't know
    > why, when or how I would use it. No wise cracks needed but basic
    > suggestions on the use of the virtual CD Drive.
    >
    > TIA
    > Arawak

    If you use cd image files then you can use them without burning them to
    cd. If you are having difficulty burning a cd, then making an image
    instead allows you to test what you are doing, cutting down the number
    of wasted CDs. Some virtual cd drives such as daemon tools are able to
    get around CD protections, this is supposed to be so that you can use
    backup copies of your software, keeping the original disks safe. Info on
    backing up software is available from:
    http://www.cdmediaworld.com
    Obviously backing up software is very similar to pirating software.

    Info on image files:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980

    Jj, Aug 21, 2003