    I have a spare laptop wireless LAN adapter. Is there a device available,
    such as an USB converter of some sort, that will allow me to use this
    wireless adapter with a desktop PC? Thanks.

    Papa, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Papa

    Jack Guest

    If you are referring to a PCMCIA Card.

    There are PCI insert that can be put into a Desktop's PCI slot, and a PCMCIA
    card can be plugged in.

    Example:
    http://www.team-solutions.com/Products/ISAPCI/PCDrive/PCDrivesWLAN.htm

    However these Gizmos are not highly compatible cross Brands, and it probably
    will cost the same as buying a New USB or PCI Wireless Card.

    Giving the price of Wireless Hardware, adaptors in most case are priced
    about the same as the hardware, and are not as good as the real McCoy.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Papa" <> w

    rote in message news:OYpO7m#...

    Jack, Dec 1, 2004