    it resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears
    to run quite normally?
    Thanks! digger
    digger odell, Oct 6, 2010

  2. digger odell

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:38:44 -0700 (PDT), digger odell
    <> wrote:

    >I know this sounds bizzare, but why do I need to install a program if
    >it resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears
    >to run quite normally?
    >Thanks! digger

    I may use an INI. file and not the registry. Agent is that way. You
    can also copy and paste the whole thing to your hard drive and it will
    work. I have the same Agent forte for years and move it as I need to
    new computer. Just copy paste.
    joevan, Oct 6, 2010

  3. digger odell

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/6/2010 10:38 AM Just to please that super-ego, digger odell wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > I know this sounds bizzare, but why do I need to install a program if
    > it resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears
    > to run quite normally?
    > Thanks! digger

    I'll bet you have a better answer for that than I do. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Oct 6, 2010
  4. digger odell

    Mike Easter Guest

    digger odell wrote:
    > I know this sounds bizzare, but why do I need to install a program if

    Why ask why? In this context, why is the wrong interrogative, and the
    question is wrong - improperly structured.

    > it resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears
    > to run quite normally?

    Some windows programs need to be installed; some don't.

    It is useful to know about portable applications - wiki on portable apps
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 6, 2010
  5. digger odell

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
  6. digger odell

    chuckcar Guest

    digger odell <> wrote in

    > I know this sounds bizzare, but why do I need to install a program if
    > it resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears
    > to run quite normally?
    > Thanks! digger

    Does it run without the CD being present? Then you don't. It's already
    there.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 6, 2010
  7. digger odell

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:38:44 -0700, digger odell wrote:

    > I know this sounds bizzare, but why do I need to install a program if it
    > resides on a CD that was copied from my other computer and appears to
    > run quite normally?
    > Thanks! digger

    It will run (open) faster from your hard drive. If that is of no value to
    you, continue to use from the CD.

    Meat Plow, Oct 7, 2010