  1. I have tried to set up a small home network to use the main PC printer. My
    sons laptop appears in the network connections, internet gateway, but my
    laptop doesn't! The 2 laptops are on xp home sp2 the main PC is on XP pro sp1.
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keUg=?=, Apr 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keUg=?=

    Kevin Guest

    "AndyH" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have tried to set up a small home network to use the main PC printer. My
    > sons laptop appears in the network connections, internet gateway, but my
    > laptop doesn't! The 2 laptops are on xp home sp2 the main PC is on XP pro
    > sp1.

    Have you run the Windows Network Setup Wizard on it? This has to be done on
    all machines that wish to participate in a network. Make sure to use the
    same Workgroup name on all machines.
    Kevin, Apr 30, 2006

  3. Hi Kevin, thanks for that, it worked a treat, all comps and printers now
    talking to each other.
    Again many thanks
    Andy H

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keUg=?=, May 1, 2006