    you in advance for all replies.
    in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
    it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

    Daniel Prince, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Daniel Prince

    Dee Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer
    > with a SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which
    > controller and converter you used.
    >
    > I would also like to know what chipset the controller used. Thank
    > you in advance for all replies.

    Why would you want to put a PATA cd/dvd writer on a SATA PCI controller
    and converter? You're not going to gain anything. Even Plextor admits
    you don't gain anything with their SATA writer.

    Dee, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Dee <> wrote:

    >Daniel Prince wrote:
    >> If you have successfully used a PATA (regular IDE) cd/dvd writer
    >> with a SATA PCI controller and converter, please tell me which
    >> controller and converter you used.
    >>
    >> I would also like to know what chipset the controller used. Thank
    >> you in advance for all replies.

    >Why would you want to put a PATA cd/dvd writer on a SATA PCI controller
    >and converter? You're not going to gain anything. Even Plextor admits
    >you don't gain anything with their SATA writer.

    Because it is too far away from my motherboard PATA connectors and
    my PCI slots to use an eighteen inch PATA cable. (18 inches is the
    maximum length according to the specifications. SATA cables can be
    up to 39.25 inches.) I have tried using longer PATA cables but have
    gotten errors.

    Daniel Prince, Dec 3, 2004