    Or should I just buy a new printer?

    Thanks guys,

    Jeff
    Jeff Wisnia, Apr 16, 2007

  2. Jeff Wisnia wrote:
    > I just upgraded my home computer to a new Dell which didn't come with a
    > parallel printer port.
    >
    > I've beeen using a trusty old Cannon BJ-240L printer and it does an
    > adequate job for the occassional things I need to print.
    >
    > Is there any cost effective way to use my old printer with my new
    > computer, which doesn't have a parallel port?
    >
    > Or should I just buy a new printer?

    The real answer is buy a new printer. I've been a fan of Canon printers
    off and on and am quite happy with my Pixma printer. In fact, I bought
    one for my mother and one for my wife, and then she bought one for her
    mom. Cartridges on eBay are cheap.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 16, 2007

  3. Jeff Wisnia

    chuckie® Guest

    Another idea is to get a parallel to USB cable. I am using one now, at
    work, for an old HP printer. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it
    worked just fine. For the short-term, it's cheaper than a new
    printer...FWIW...
    chuckie®, Apr 16, 2007