    Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new drive as
    being available?

    thanks very much, Andrew
    AM, Jan 21, 2004

  2. AM

    FeaolPlay Guest

    "AM" <> wrote in message
    news:9fuPb.752$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have just installed a new dvd burner as the slave unit. I still have the
    > original dvd drive set up as master.
    >
    > (The new dvd burner is a minus-writer, whereas the old one is a
    > plus-writer).
    >
    > My problem is that Nero only shows the original dvd burner as being
    > available... I need it to allow me to select the new (slave) dvd burner as
    > the drive that I use to burn dvds.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new drive

    as
    > being available?
    >
    > thanks very much, Andrew

    Depending on which version of Nero you are using, it will let you choose
    which device to record with. In Nero v6, click on Recorder > Choose
    Recorder then select your DVD-RW drive and click OK. I'm pretty sure it's
    the same with Nero 5 also.
    FeaolPlay, Jan 21, 2004

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    Thanks - but that's is actually my problem: the list of available drives to
    select does not include my new dvd writer and there is no obvious way to add
    a new drive to the list...

    AM, Jan 21, 2004
  4. AM

    Total Demon Guest

    i dunno if this is any use but

    is your nero up to date i had an old version 5.5 and it didnt detect my
    drives until i updated then they appeared under the recorder section. check
    out the nero website for updates i think it is www.nero.com also on there
    there should be a list of supported recorders. maybe worth having a look to
    see if yours is supported.

    Total Demon, Jan 21, 2004
  5. AM

    AM Guest