    lens I have is 120mm f/4 lens.

    Thank you very much.

    Mike McWhinney
    Mike McWhinney, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Mike McWhinney

    Paul Rubin Guest

    (Mike McWhinney) writes:
    > Does anybody know if there is a way to get one of the older Nikkor
    > lenses to operate correctly with the D100? The Medical Nikkor
    > lens I have is 120mm f/4 lens.

    If your lens doesn't have an AI cutout on the aperture ring, you can't
    mount it on the D100. Your lens won't have the AI cutout if it was
    made before 1974(?) or so. Either way, the D100 can't meter with any
    manual focus lens except the newer AI-P lenses which don't really
    count.

    See www.aiconversions.com for info on the AI cutout. If your lens
    doesn't have it, they can add it for you, for a reasonable fee.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Mike McWhinney

    EDGY01 Guest

    << Does anybody know if there is a way to get one of the older Nikkor
    lenses to operate correctly with the D100? The Medical Nikkor
    lens I have is 120mm f/4 lens.

    Thank you very much.
    >><BR><BR>

    Mike,

    The D100 won't meter with the lenses that are not CPU-equipped. While Rolland
    Elliott will modify non-chipped lenses (some, not all) to being chipped lenses,
    you may have a problem with the 120mm f/4 lens. It's not on Bjørn's list of
    modifiable lenses and he's usually on top of these things.
    On the other hand, with near real time image feedback with a digital camera you
    might be able to fire off a shot and then taylor your future exposures to a
    more refined one.

    Dan Lindsay
    santa barbara
    EDGY01, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Mike McWhinney

    JohnG Guest

    I sent Rolland Elliott a macro lens and $100 for his lens modification.
    It's been 8 months. No lens, no refund. The lens has been "lost". I'm
    not the only one. You may be lucky, you may not. Do you want to take
    the chance of loosing your valuable lens? If you have lost your Nikon
    lens and your money to Rolland Elliot for his lens modification, I have
    found two possible remedies. The first one is to make a complaint with
    the Charlotte Better Business Bureau. The second is to file a report
    with the Charlotte Police Department. Good luck, John.

    http://www.charlotte.bbb.org/

    http://ww.charmeck.org/online_reporting/instructions.htm

    They will ask for the specifics about what happened. Rolland's
    contact details are below:

    Rolland Elliot
    14019 Southbridge Forest Drive
    Charlotte, NC 28273

    Website: http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=000UIq
    Phone: 704-504-3528
    E-mail:
    JohnG, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Mike McWhinney

    Karl Stauffer

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    I have a Medical Nikkor and the lens will mount on your Nikon D100. It does not connect to the metering system, the flash provides light for exposure and the aperture changes with focus distance and magnification to adjust exposure, as it always did on film cameras. You should pickup one of the Wein Safe-Sync Adapters that goes on the shoe of your D100 that will reduce the sync voltage of flash down to 6 volts to be safe for digital cameras. The Adapter gives you a shoe and pc-terminal. It can be purchased online from B&H Photo Video or Adorama for around $48.00. I hope this is helpful.

    Karl
    Karl Stauffer, Mar 28, 2011