    Network resource.

    Any ideas?
    thanks

    Earthlink News, May 30, 2004

  2. Earthlink News

    bearman Guest

    "Earthlink News" <> wrote in message
    news:Abtuc.17277$...
    > Using two Windows XP machines along with a router for connecting both to

    the
    > Internet results in the following error when the Firewall is enabled:
    >
    > \\machine1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > Network resource.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > thanks

    I had the same problem. Check your firewall settings. In Zone Alarm it's
    the Zones tab of the Firewall window. Set the router for Internet and the
    other computers for trusted.

    Bearman

    bearman, May 30, 2004

  3. Earthlink News

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Earthlink News" <> wrote in

    > Using two Windows XP machines along with a router for connecting both
    > to the Internet results in the following error when the Firewall is
    > enabled:
    >
    > \\machine1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    > this Network resource.

    You can use IPsec that far out classes any PFW solution when implemented
    behind a NAT router. The AnalogX Secpol file will give instant protection
    for any NT based O/S such a Win 2K, XP, and 2K3 and will not interfere.
    And when implemented, it will provide protection on the LAN.

    IPsec can stop inbound or outbound by port, protocol, and IP and is a
    solid solution.

    Workstation or server

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/security/ipsecld.msp
    http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1559

    If you have not *harden* the XP O/S, then you should look into it a
    little bit, because the protection starts with the O/S and everything
    else is secondary to it.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp.php

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 31, 2004
  4. Can you ping the other machines? Start ----> run -----> cmd (2000/xp) or
    command (9x): at the prompt type: ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the LAN IP address
    of the remote machine). Either you will recieve 4 responses or 4 time out
    errors.

    Andrew Watiker, May 31, 2004