    18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
    with the new number???

    Thanks James

    James Fisher, Jul 4, 2005

  2. James Fisher

    Bob L Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:35:56 +0100, "James Fisher"
    <> wrote:

    >Just a little query from a friend actually. This is the problem:
    >
    >Several months ago a friend of mine registered with 18866 to make savings on
    >calls, he has since signed up with sipgate and got himself a second number
    >to use on voip. He has a sipura1001 (I think), and he uses it for outgoing
    >calls to 18866 using the same account he signed up for several months ago
    >(using his BT line number).
    >
    >Is there any way he can add anything to the sipura, which will use his new
    >number (from sipgate) as the caller displayed number when he makes calls to
    >18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
    >with the new number???
    >
    >Thanks James

    Methinks just add his voip number to his current 18866 account, and
    enter that in the sipura instead of his normal one

    Bob L, Jul 4, 2005

  3. James Fisher

    James Fisher Guest

    "Bob L" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:35:56 +0100, "James Fisher"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just a little query from a friend actually. This is the problem:
    >>
    >>Several months ago a friend of mine registered with 18866 to make savings
    >>on
    >>calls, he has since signed up with sipgate and got himself a second number
    >>to use on voip. He has a sipura1001 (I think), and he uses it for
    >>outgoing
    >>calls to 18866 using the same account he signed up for several months ago
    >>(using his BT line number).
    >>
    >>Is there any way he can add anything to the sipura, which will use his new
    >>number (from sipgate) as the caller displayed number when he makes calls
    >>18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
    >>with the new number???
    >>
    >>Thanks James
    >>

    > Methinks just add his voip number to his current 18866 account, and
    > enter that in the sipura instead of his normal one

    Tried that it doesn't work. It still shows the main account telephone
    number. Does that mean I need a second account with 18866? : - (((

    James

    James Fisher, Jul 4, 2005
  4. On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
    <> wrote:

    >Does that mean I need a second account with 18866

    perhaps. You need to know if you can do "presentation CLI" with 18866
    via a Sipura. What if you put the number in the Display name field -
    does that mak any difference ?

    voxilla.com may know if there's a presentation CLI field. An emial to
    the 18866 beta address might be worthwhile, with multiple numbers per
    account it would be a sensible facility.

    I wonder if a sipgate (down) geo number can be used to setup a 18866
    account.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 4, 2005
  5. James Fisher

    James Fisher Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > I wonder if a sipgate geo number can be used to setup a 18866 account.

    That's a good question, has anyone already done it??

    James

    James Fisher, Jul 4, 2005
  6. James Fisher

    Tez Guest

    "James Fisher" <> wrote in message

    > "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:24:43 +0100, "James Fisher"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> I wonder if a sipgate geo number can be used to setup a 18866 account.

    > That's a good question, has anyone already done it??
    >
    > James

    Can't be done, I tried it. I found that they just added the second number
    to my existing account. And all calls via BT line or Vo-IP still had the
    main telephone number as the caller ID information (outgoing). So it seems
    not unfortunately. You`ll just have to put up with it.

    Terry

    Tez, Jul 5, 2005
  7. James Fisher

    Bob L Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"Bob L" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:35:56 +0100, "James Fisher"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just a little query from a friend actually. This is the problem:
    >>>
    >>>Several months ago a friend of mine registered with 18866 to make savings
    >>>on
    >>>calls, he has since signed up with sipgate and got himself a second number
    >>>to use on voip. He has a sipura1001 (I think), and he uses it for
    >>>outgoing
    >>>calls to 18866 using the same account he signed up for several months ago
    >>>(using his BT line number).
    >>>
    >>>Is there any way he can add anything to the sipura, which will use his new
    >>>number (from sipgate) as the caller displayed number when he makes calls
    >>>18866 via the sipura, or is the only option to create a new 18866 account
    >>>with the new number???
    >>>
    >>>Thanks James
    >>>

    >> Methinks just add his voip number to his current 18866 account, and
    >> enter that in the sipura instead of his normal one

    >Tried that it doesn't work. It still shows the main account telephone
    >number. Does that mean I need a second account with 18866? : - (((
    >
    >James

    Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
    that you added to your account ?

    your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
    password is your account number

    this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

    Bob L, Jul 5, 2005
  8. On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:48:00 +0100, Bob L
    <> wrote:

    >Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
    >that you added to your account ?
    >
    >your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
    >password is your account number
    >
    >this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

    are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
    I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
    account.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  9. James Fisher

    Bob L Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:12:13 +0100, Phil Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:48:00 +0100, Bob L
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
    >>that you added to your account ?
    >>
    >>your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
    >>password is your account number
    >>
    >>this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

    >are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
    >I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
    >account.
    >
    >Phil

    I have used 1899 with all my 4 numbers with no problem, 18866 seems to
    have its moments, have just tried on my 4 numbers and none of them
    will connect, so I suggest you try and see what happens.

    bl

    Bob L, Jul 5, 2005
  10. On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:12:13 +0100, Phil Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
    >I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
    >account.

    and the answer is... *yes* you can use any of your numbers as the
    login ID for the 18866 SIP VoIP service.

    I just did it with 05511xxxxxx a BTBBV number I have registered.

    However I then get busy tone when trying to call anything.
    Reverting to main number I can register and make a call.
    and back to the secondary and its busy tone

    seems repeatable - conclusion is you can login to the service with any
    number but not use it other than with the main number.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  11. Thus spaketh Phil Thompson:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:48:00 +0100, Bob L
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Did you change your 18866 log in info to reflect your sipgate number
    >> that you added to your account ?
    >>
    >> your login is 18866 followed by your sipgate number
    >> password is your account number
    >>
    >> this worked with softphones so it should work with hard phones

    > are you saying we can use any of the registered numbers as the log in.
    > I thought you had to use the "primary" number first used to create the
    > account.
    >
    > Phil

    Yes, this is what I have been doing for many months, even have it display my
    mobile numbers and fake numbers.

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 7, 2005
  12. James Fisher

    Terry Guest

    > Yes, this is what I have been doing for many months, even have it display
    > my mobile numbers and fake numbers.

    Your post contradicts the above posts completely. You are suggesting you
    can do exactly what the above posts says 'cannot be done'
    You either can, or cannot use the secondary numbers on your account to make
    calls. You are saying you can! The above posts are saying you cannot. I
    have tried this and found that I cannot use secondary numbers to make calls.

    Terry, Jul 8, 2005
  13. James Fisher

    Andy S Guest

    "Terry" <> wrote in message

    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Yes, this is what I have been doing for many months, even have it display
    >> my mobile numbers and fake numbers.

    > Your post contradicts the above posts completely. You are suggesting you
    > can do exactly what the above posts says 'cannot be done'
    > You either can, or cannot use the secondary numbers on your account to
    > make calls. You are saying you can! The above posts are saying you
    > cannot. I have tried this and found that I cannot use secondary numbers
    > to make calls.

    Methinks {{{{{Welcome}}}}} is totally wrong. What he is suggesting can't be
    done, so the fact that he reckons he uses fake numbers to call out on a
    18866 account is complete rubbish. I stand being correct though, if he
    cares to explain how he achieves using a secondary number to call out using
    18866 and passing that number as the ID, I would like to hear the
    explanation.

    Andy S, Jul 8, 2005
  14. James Fisher

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Andy S writes

    >"Terry" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Yes, this is what I have been doing for many months, even have it display
    >>> my mobile numbers and fake numbers.

    >> Your post contradicts the above posts completely. You are suggesting you
    >> can do exactly what the above posts says 'cannot be done'
    >> You either can, or cannot use the secondary numbers on your account to
    >> make calls. You are saying you can! The above posts are saying you
    >> cannot. I have tried this and found that I cannot use secondary numbers
    >> to make calls.
    >>

    >Methinks {{{{{Welcome}}}}} is totally wrong. What he is suggesting can't be
    >done, so the fact that he reckons he uses fake numbers to call out on a
    >18866 account is complete rubbish. I stand being correct though, if he
    >cares to explain how he achieves using a secondary number to call out using
    >18866 and passing that number as the ID, I would like to hear the
    >explanation.

    Yes, it COULD be done. And very useful it was to be able to use a
    Sipgate number as your outgoing number.

    But it appears that both 1899 and 18866 have been able to stop this
    practice as I have not been able to do it recently, can only now use
    primary number.

    When you could do it you logged on with 18866nnnnnnnnnnn being one of
    your other numbers registered to your account.

    I will be annoyed if some can do it and I no longer can - it just
    stopped working several weeks ago.

    David

    David Floyd, Jul 8, 2005
  15. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Andy S writes
    >>
    >> "Terry" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    >>> message news:...

    >>> Your post contradicts the above posts completely. You are
    >>> suggesting you can do exactly what the above posts says 'cannot be
    >>> done' You either can, or cannot use the secondary numbers on your account
    >>> to make calls. You are saying you can! The above posts are saying
    >>> you cannot. I have tried this and found that I cannot use
    >>> secondary numbers to make calls.
    >>>

    >> Methinks {{{{{Welcome}}}}} is totally wrong. What he is suggesting
    >> can't be done, so the fact that he reckons he uses fake numbers to
    >> call out on a 18866 account is complete rubbish. I stand being
    >> correct though, if he cares to explain how he achieves using a
    >> secondary number to call out using 18866 and passing that number as
    >> the ID, I would like to hear the explanation.
    >>

    > Yes, it COULD be done. And very useful it was to be able to use a
    > Sipgate number as your outgoing number.
    >
    > But it appears that both 1899 and 18866 have been able to stop this
    > practice as I have not been able to do it recently, can only now use
    > primary number.
    >
    > When you could do it you logged on with 18866nnnnnnnnnnn being one of
    > your other numbers registered to your account.
    >
    > I will be annoyed if some can do it and I no longer can - it just
    > stopped working several weeks ago.
    >
    > David

    Some of my numbers stopped working, and this I was first to post some time
    back, I had to delete those numbers and add new ones, my mobile numbers are
    still working.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 8, 2005