    realise of course there is virtually no difference between the two
    exams. Similarly for 305/315. Other than the additional expense, would
    there be any problems doing this?

    Lazlo Woodbine, May 11, 2004

  2. Lazlo Woodbine

    Matt Hawley Guest

    There is no point in taking 316 (or 315) after taking 306 (or 305). The content does not vary, just the language, and trust me, there isn't that much of a difference still. If you take 316 then take 306, the latter will not go towards your certifications.

    If you follow what MS outlines (take 1 of the following, take 2 of the following), that will determine what is counted and what is not.

    Again, I would highly suggest against this. You can mix & match the languages because the certification isn't based around the languages, just the skills necessary for .NET development/architecture design.

    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    http://www.eworldui.net

    Is it permitted to take 306 (VB.NET apps) one week, and then take 316
    (C# apps) the following week? (irrespective of whether you pass exam
    306)

    Secondly, can you choose which exams constitute your MCSD, or is it
    done automatically based on the order you take your exams?

    The reasoning behind this is that I was thinking of taking the C# MCSD
    route, but if I'm studying for 316 I may as well do the corresponding
    VB.NET exam a week/few days before as a warm-up exercise. Hopefully I
    should pass both, but get the better mark in the C# exam. It will also
    keep the HR dept happy if going for any roles involving VB.NET. I

    Matt Hawley, May 11, 2004

  3. Lazlo Woodbine

    Eric Guest

    Matt Hawley wrote:

    > There is no point in taking 316 (or 315) after taking 306 (or 305).
    > The content does not vary, just the language, and trust me, there
    > isn't that much of a difference still. If you take 316 then take 306,
    > the latter will not go towards your certifications.

    Matt's answer is very good. Unfortunately, a lot of people assume the
    C# version of the test is somehow more advanced than the VB.NET version.

    The only difference between the VB.NET and C# tests is the language
    syntax used for the examples.

    VB is no longer a second class language.

    Eric

    Eric, May 11, 2004
  4. >VB is no longer a second class language.

    It was never a second class language - it was never that advanced!

    VB was only developed to give LOGO programmers something to look down
    on!!!!

    Just kidding, well sort of.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 11, 2004
  5. Lazlo Woodbine

    Earl Guest

    You will now be issued a set of curly brackets and semi-colons;

    Earl, Jun 1, 2004
  6. >You will now be issued a set of curly brackets and semi-colons;

    the best

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Lazlo Woodbine

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 10, 2004