    TIA.

    Jack.
    , Jun 20, 2006

  2. SAto Guest

    skrev:
    > The problem I am having is that when I do a show ver the message I
    > receive is device read only.

    Have you tried formatting it?

    -SAto
    SAto, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Guest

    SAto wrote:
    > skrev:
    > > The problem I am having is that when I do a show ver the message I
    > > receive is device read only.

    > Have you tried formatting it?
    >
    > -SAto

    There is no format option on the 1600 only partition which it will not
    let me do as the device is in read only mode.

    Jack.
    , Jun 20, 2006
  4. PepeRdguez Guest

    ha escrito:

    > SAto wrote:
    > > skrev:
    > > > The problem I am having is that when I do a show ver the message I
    > > > receive is device read only.

    > > Have you tried formatting it?
    > >
    > > -SAto

    > There is no format option on the 1600 only partition which it will not
    > let me do as the device is in read only mode.
    >
    > Jack.

    This information from Cisco's site could bring us some light.
    "
    Caution: The 1600 Series can be run-from-flash (classic 1600) or
    run-from-RAM (1600-R).
    If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-l", it is a run-from-flash
    router.
    If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-mz", it is a run-from-ram
    router.
    Run-from-flash routers run their Cisco IOS software directly from the
    Flash memory, so removing the Flash card from a running router stops
    the router.
    "
    Flash memory is only used to run IOS, or store it in 1600-R. So that,
    the only thing you can write in flash memory is IOS. Do you want to
    change your IOS version in an obsolete router? If so, you can find
    additional information in
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a0080110ed1.shtml
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_tech_note09186a00800a7515.shtml
    I think there is no way to do what you're trying, if your router is a
    1600, not 1600-R.
    In best case, good luck

    Pepe Rodriguez
    PepeRdguez, Jun 20, 2006
  5. PepeRdguez Guest

    ha escrito:

    PepeRdguez, Jun 20, 2006
  6. SAto Guest

    skrev:
    > There is no format option on the 1600 only partition which it will not
    > let me do as the device is in read only mode.

    I have had similar problems in the past and would have to format it on
    a diffirent router capable of doing so before using it in the 1600
    router.

    If i recall correctly I managed to format it in a 6500 and a 2600.
    You may get lucky with other routers as well.

    If you have no such router, then I'm afraid I don't know what you could
    do.

    -SAto
    SAto, Jun 20, 2006
  7. SAto Guest