    vulnerable computers."

    From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Imhotep wrote:
    > From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm

    From TFA:

    "PC users are being urged to apply software patches that close
    "critical" vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows." [...]
    "The CreateTextRange bug occurs in Microsoft's Internet Explorer"

    Internet Explorer is not a part of Windows, it's a simple application.

    "web browser"

    Internet Explorer is no web browser and misusing it a such is provably
    insecure. So what do they want? Patches patching the known
    vulnerabilities won't make it secure either.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Imhotep wrote:
    > "PC users are being urged to apply software patches that close "critical"
    > vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows.
    >
    > Since coming to light in late March, the flaws have proved very popular with
    > malicious hackers keen to steal confidential data from PCs.
    >
    > Hackers have created hundreds of web pages that use the bug to take over
    > vulnerable computers."
    >
    > From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4896348.stm
    >

    > Imhotep

    Now that is unusual - a serious flaw in an M$ product. Whatever next - the Sun
    rising in the East and setting in the West?

    --
    Dave K MCSE.

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 11, 2006
  4. Dave (from the UK) wrote:

    > Now that is unusual - a serious flaw in an M$ product. Whatever next -
    > the Sun rising in the East and setting in the West?

    You should take a little talk to some northpole people.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Apr 11, 2006