    Stan Guest

    Nothing helps, even denying all kinds of writing, changing and stuff like
    that. What to do?

    Stan, Nov 25, 2006

  2. Stan

    Stan Guest

    That doesn't help much! I need an answer! If you ain't got ones, than what's
    there to talk about?

    Stan, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Stan

    David Parkes Guest

    Are the users local admins or members of domain admins

    David Parkes, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Stan

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Boot into safe mode, log into the domain admin account, and rename it.

    Montreal MCT, Nov 30, 2006
  5. Stan

    WSUS Guest

    Nothing you can do if the profile is a local profile and the user has local
    admin right or floppy/CD boot right.

    All text books teach you only NTUSER.MAN. Infact, a true mandatory profile
    require 2 more steps:
    1 As a Domain Admin on the profile share server, you need to take the
    ownership of the profile folder (and sub-folder and files) as the
    BUILDIN\Administrators group. If the user is the owner of his profile, he
    can always change permission himself.
    2 Revoke full control, write and modify permission on the profile folder
    (and sub-folder and files) from the user. Now, the profile is already
    mandatory. It can't be changed by the user. However, every time the user
    log off, he gets an error message about he can't update the profile on
    server.
    3 Change the NTUSER.DAT file to NTUSER.MAN. This step just prevent the
    error message you got from step 2

    "Stan" <>

    WSUS, Dec 13, 2006