  1. John Bahran

    John Bahran Guest

    How can the administrator see what users have logged on to the domain?

    John Bahran, Dec 27, 2003

  2. John Bahran

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003

  3. John Bahran

    why? Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 04:33:09 -0800, John Bahran wrote:

    >How can the administrator see what users have logged on to the domain?

    The magic , 'anyOS' utilities v1.00 from fairyland. This neat package
    runs on any OS and does all you want.

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2003
  4. John Bahran

    why? Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 04:33:09 -0800, John Bahran wrote:

    >How can the administrator see what users have logged on to the domain?

    Guessing Windows Domain?

    Don't think there is exactly a utility for that, but you can get the
    (well some) answers from exporter (I used the command line one) and a
    perl script.

    Dameware Exporter, this looks like a GUI version of the free command
    line exporter from http://www.systemtools.com/free.htm it had IIRC last
    logon / last logoff info.

    A nbtstat dump and extract info.

    A nbtscan dump and extract info, easier than above as it scans ranges of
    addresses.

    usrstat , didn't always get good results form the NT or 2000 (greater?)
    Resource Kits.

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2003
  5. John Bahran

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use servermgr.exe it is on the 2000 server cd

    pcbutts1, Dec 27, 2003
  6. John Bahran

    M Mullen Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 04:33:09 -0800, (John Bahran) wrote:

    |> How can the administrator see what users have logged on to the domain?

    By pressing 1 in Telnet Server Administration. If users are telneting.

    Another way is going into the control panel (I don't have it installed so don't
    remember the it's name), but it will show who's online and where they are
    connected ie: 24hoursupport.helpdesk. or http://www.cnn.com/ (pretty much the
    last accessed point). At the remote end it will show Users accessing a page or
    file.

    That's just two there are lot's of ways
    --
    ,,