    for the username.

    Thank you.

    -Phil
    Northern Lights, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Northern Lights

    Neil Guest

    Under the vty, console lines etc, type "login local"

    "Northern Lights" <> wrote in message
    > I'm relatively inexperienced at router configs, so I have a simple

    question
    > on usernames and passwords on 1700 and 2600 series routers.
    >
    > When logging in to the routers on my WAN, some routers prompt for a

    username

    Neil, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Northern Lights

    mh Guest

    Try

    aaa new-model
    aaa authentication login default local
    aaa authorization exec default local
    mh, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Northern Lights

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "Northern Lights" <> wrote
    > I'm relatively inexperienced at router configs, so I have a simple question
    > on usernames and passwords on 1700 and 2600 series routers.
    >
    > When logging in to the routers on my WAN, some routers prompt for a username
    > and password, other routers prompt for just a password. I would like to
    > make a consistant login where the router will prompt for a username and
    > password. I have already specified the username and 'privilege' level
    > password in the config., I just need to know how to make the router prompt
    > for the username.

    Hi,

    I think that the key thing that you need are:-

    username SomeName privilege 15 password SomePassword
    aaa new-model
    aaa authentication login default local
    line vty 0 4
    privilege level 15 ! hmmm
    transport input telnet ssh

    What you get with this is that when you login you get to the
    "enabled" state. Probably not good practice but maybe you
    can work it out from here.

    I was expecting to see:-
    line vty 0 4
    login local